Sign in to follow this  
saskarider

Topcat and 777

Hopefully Topcat upgrades to include the 777 it's a little behind, as the 737-900 is not part of the aircraft list. Or the 737-600 also.

Wayne Larsen

I talked to them today on Facebook and they said they MIGHT update TOPCAT for the NGX...but only AFTER the release of PFPX, which is still somewhere between now and 6 months away...according to them, so don't count on it for a long long time.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The amound of data that is needed to be digitalised for a single version of an airplane is astonishingly big. Many a manhour will need to go into adding either 737 version, and 600/900 are not exactly the popular ones. I would rather see 900ER TBH, that is at least getting some traction IRL.

Regarding 777, well, unless PMDG themselves make an EFB with the performance calculation, then I guess that one is a must have for a program such as TOPCAT. But I guess I lost my faith in the developers to deliver.

You know, someone months ago did a performance excel sheet that was extremely detailed for the 737-800 NGX. Maybe someone could do that for the 777? I'll try and find his post here shortly. It really is a great tool.

***EDIT***

Found it: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/357790-take-off-landing-performance-tool-sheet-b737-800-cfm56-7b26-v103/

Somethig like that for the 777-200LR would be awesome and should be simple to convert to the other variants. FYI- if you're going to check that sheet out, go to one of the last pages because there have been a few updates to it.

Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Is it really hard to do them buy hand...using the Flight Performance manaul? I dont mind doing them by hand its just I dont know how too...Derates and flex takeoffs that is.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If we only had some more performance data... This would be in your hands!

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

no TOPCAT but inside the new PFPX there is already a very working 777LR profile ....

all the best.

Phil

What is Topcat?

Its used to calculate takeoff and landing calculations like for example how much fuel you need to take for the flight.

Its used to calculate takeoff and landing calculations like for example how much fuel you need to take for the flight.

the flightplanner associated with TOPCAT will be a need tool to have soon ...

that's not the primary goal of topcat, the main reason to use topcat is for reduced takeoff using assumued temperature, including, wind, QNH(for the UK and europe, altimeter for the US), runwy lenght, runway height, runway condition and flaps. so it really is a useful program, that i would like to have with the triple 7. cheers.

What is Topcat?

You are new to the FS world :P :P...

I am not sure about Topcat and PMDG are working together, However, I think HiFi [activesky2012] are.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

that's not the primary goal of topcat, the main reason to use topcat is for reduced takeoff using assumued temperature, including, wind, QNH(for the UK and europe, altimeter for the US), runwy lenght, runway height, runway condition and flaps. so it really is a useful program, that i would like to have with the triple 7. cheers.

I dint knew you could calculate reduced takeoffs with it, thanks for the info