Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Carenado 152 ][ - Refurb project

No where even close to done but I'm 6hrs into work and need a break before my wrist dies. Anyway.. I was getting sick of looking at the interior of of Carenados 152 ][. Just old, dated, and danky and the Orbx repaint w/ the VC using 4096 textures looked more of the same, and for an "HD" interior it looked just like the default 1024 textures. Some extra "umph" was needed. An extra mile was needed to be gone! Sooooooo I decided to start a refurb of it and giving it a more classic, and slightly more modern look.. Upscaled everything up to 2048, working out the "noise" from the initial low resolution.. I'll probably end up straight replacing the carpet texturing as it's a bit flat and unable to be saved. Seats came out good though! This whole new VC repaint will eventually be sitting inside new exterior repaint also.. Cross that bridge when I get to it though.

WIP - So ignore the unfinished and sloppy bits. (if you spot them ;) )

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed; exceeded 1600W and 400KB limits

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Now that's much like the one I learnt on!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Thanks!

Todays update.. New carpet! Fiberglass (door panels) freshened up/made to look less `pixely', new screws.. New exterior livery about done (upscaled to 2048). I had to `freestyle' the end of the wings. Mapping conflicts wouldn't allow me to do them 100% like the real thing..

This old bird has new life!

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB limits

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thanks!

Todays update.. New carpet! Fiberglass (door panels) freshened up/made to look less `pixely', new screws.. New exterior livery about done (upscaled to 2048). I had to `freestyle' the end of the wings. Mapping conflicts wouldn't allow me to do them 100% like the real thing..

This old bird has new life!

nice job!

just wondering what program did you use for this project. Was it just Photoshop?

thanks lee

Edited by firehawk44
Removed images in quote as they exceeded image size policy.

It's good to see and nicely done. Some of their planes are very 'tired' looking (a testament to their devotion to visual accuracy). But, they also have avionics dating almost halfway back to the Wright brothers...hard to believe but true.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Thanks! It's been a lot of work and still is. Photoshop is it, yep.. Lots of numb wrists, and putting my Google Fu to the test finding textures I want, then manipulating them into the plane texture without making it look pasted in and completely out of place.. Everything has to flow or else it will look completely fake.. There is such a thing as "looking too real" when it comes to textures..

One of the things I just got done finishing up was adding in better detailed wheels and cleaning up the existing tire texture.. I could have used a new tire but the old one cleaned up just as well w/ less work. :)

Original:

7736101430_d89f93aa66_o.jpg

New(ish) and cleaned up:

7736101562_64acffbf6f_o.jpg

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for all the questions. I just am thinking about doing this for some of my planes.

What were the files for the cockpit? .BMP?

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for all the questions. I just am thinking about doing this for some of my planes.

What were the files for the cockpit? .BMP?

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

No problem.. I never mind answering questions. The 152 textures were all extended bmps but one of the first things I did was convert everything over to DDS instead so I don't have to bother with DXTBMP again after initial conversion. Extended BMP is awful..

Thanks im off to experiment..... :)

Led

Sent using Tapatalk

Geesh this is one I will immediatley download. Please let us know when it is available.

Also thanks for sharing such awesoem work with us plebs that cannot bring pen an paper together. Absolute briliant paint.

edit

i really like that dirty tires.. flying a lot of dirt strips, so that will be awesome

This looks great! I can't wait to download. You have serious skill my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! It's done, and it's uploaded so keep an eye out.. Didn't get to do everything I wanted due to lack of resource material (placards!) but I'm happy with it! :) I included an option to give the VC black radios instead of white too. Completely optional and documentation provided.. Easy stuff..

Edit: One 'bug'.. The ATC ID on the panel is right with the panel light off, and wrong with it on during the night.. I hate night textures but it wouldn't be normal if I didn't find a bug the minute after I upload it. :lol:

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB limits

Thanks for the kind words! It's not perfect, and I'm way to humble but my goal was accomplished and that makes me happy.. Took some years off the old gal. :) F33A is next on my list to spend an absurd amount of time clicking in Photoshop with. :lol: