Sign in to follow this  
Xtremme

Couple questions

Could someone please clarify this...

Do you have free upgrades or do you need to buy every new version they release?

Compared with FSX how stable is P3D? Are there the same CTD issues?

Thanks in advance.

G'day Javier,

I/we are not aware yet of any firm pricing policy, only rumours abound. In my experience most serious upgrades attract a cost in any complex software. Sometimes at a discounbt, sometimes not. My grist to the rumnour mill would be that those who have paid for the Pro version may not have to pay for upgrades up to and perhaps including Ver 2.0.

P3D is NOT stable yet and depending on how you set the options and where you, fly there are "software crashes". Having said that I have just flown from Borneo to North Queensland without a single crash. 3.3 hours in a Dassault Falcon X.

Updates between 1.3 and 1.x are free, when v2.0 is released you will be expected to pay again but the amount you pay and the chance of upgrading is not fully known yet. When Version 2.0 is released your 1.x licence will remain valid.

p3d like fsx suffers from g3d.dll crashes when using high quality addons but fsuipc can help reduce the chances of that type of crash happening. I would wait for 1.4 before you think about buying as that will have lots of bug fixes in it but we dont know what the fixes are yet and there is meant to be performance improvements in it as well again that might not mean more fps but its a wait and see what happens as LM dont really release any information about updates until the version is released.

We believe 1.4 will be released some time this month, maybe September but i guess if LM finds something wrong i guess it could push its release back.

-Paul-

Could someone please clarify this...

Do you have free upgrades or do you need to buy every new version they release?

Compared with FSX how stable is P3D? Are there the same CTD issues?

Thanks in advance.

Right now we are using P3D ver 1. LM's policy is that any subsequent upgrade under the major version, 1.x in this case, are free to those who bought the program regardless of license type.

When P3S ver 2 rolls out, LM will charge a new license to everybody who wants it. It is a major version change. Those who bought the Professional License will get a discount, the rest will have to pay full license price. Again, any subsequent upgrade under 2.x will be free for everybody.

The situation is the same as when you were using FS9 and then wanted to upgrade to FSX. You had to pay FSX's full price because it was a new major version, the 10th, of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

P3D ver 2.0 is NOT an upgrade. It is a new software that share many things with P3D ver 1.x, but at the same time incorporates other stuff that makes it something new.

Thank you guys, I'm not in a hurry so I think I will wait for 2.0 version.

Would be great if they can make it stable and also improve its performance.

Right now we are using P3D ver 1. LM's policy is that any subsequent upgrade under the major version, 1.x in this case, are free to those who bought the program regardless of license type.

When P3S ver 2 rolls out, LM will charge a new license to everybody who wants it. It is a major version change. Those who bought the Professional License will get a discount, the rest will have to pay full license price. Again, any subsequent upgrade under 2.x will be free for everybody.

The situation is the same as when you were using FS9 and then wanted to upgrade to FSX. You had to pay FSX's full price because it was a new major version, the 10th, of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

P3D ver 2.0 is NOT an upgrade. It is a new software that share many things with P3D ver 1.x, but at the same time incorporates other stuff that makes it something new.

Good explanation.

I'm not sure why some people are getting upset about this. Any longterm simmer would know all about Microsofts upgrades and at $100 pop mind you. That was a lot of cash 20-30 years ago.

Also the MS upgrades became predictable, the even releases were a major upgrade while the odd releases were just to add some eye candy/new aircraft.

I think LM are being more than fair here, not to mention upfront about it all. It's refreshing.