Sign in to follow this  
tockas

Wilco A320 Horizontal Stabilizers not moving!

Does anyone know how to make them move?

Not sure about the Wilco bus, on the real thing it moves automatically in flight. On the ground you will need hydraulic power, so either start 1 of the engines or use the Y ELEC pump on the overhead, that will allow you to move the stabilizer through the trim wheel.

I think I still have it installed so I'll check how they have modeled it.

Edit - Just checked, it doesn't seem to care if it has hydraulic power or not. The stabilizer moved for me through the trim wheel, both on the ECAM and visually.

Rob Prest

i know about the real thing.but what i meant was that they seem to be stuck.For example the Project Airbus stabilizers can be moved (by me on the stick) but Wilco's dont.

Dude I checked, it does move. if you are talking about in flight, the stabilizer moves through auto trim but only by a small amount unless you are holding the stick full back or full forward. On the ground it will never

move through the sidestick, only through the trim wheel.

You keep saying 'stabilizers' there is only 1 horizontal stabilizer

Rob Prest

i am talking about at the back at the tail.i have wilco airbus and when on ground using trim the dont.need to do anything in .cfg?And i mean the stabilizer, the pitch controlers (on both sides of the tail.)Mine certainly dont ever move.

Those are the elevators.. once again, you need hydraulic power to move them, if on the ground use the Yellow HYD pump. I will double check but I am pretty sure on the Wilco I didn't need hydraulic power for the Elevators or ailerons

Rob Prest

perhaps i didnt make it easy for you to understand.i talk about stabilizer NOT elevators.even on the air or ground they dont move.even when i control the movement.i have Airbus Series Vol.1.does it make any deference?

jeez.... I am going to explain this one last time.. The horizontal stabilizer should NOT move on the ground unless you have hydraulic power.. I just checked the Wilco Vol1 aircraft and for some reason even without hydraulic power the Horizontal stab, Vertical Stab, Ailerons, in fact everything still works without hydraulic power..

Lastly, the horizontal stabilizer (only 1, the thing that looks like a big wing on the back) does not control pitch, it trims out forces automatically in flight. Elevators control pitch.

Rob Prest

The A320 isn't a light prop. On large aircraft the entire horizontal stabilizer moves to trim the aircraft. On the A3xx this is completely automatic in flight, the only time you move it yourself is before take off when you set trim, the only way to set the trim is by moving the trim wheels either side of the thrust levers.

In FS you can also assign that trim wheel to a button on your joystick.

I doubt very much Project Airbus have simulated Airbus logic correctly, as far as I am aware they focus on visuals over accuracy.

Rob Prest

ok then if we want to move the trim wheels before take off when on ground and we have assigned a button for it then they should move right?that s what i am trying to figure out.they simply dont move.

Is the trim wheel moving? and can you see the trim changing on the Flight control page on the lower ECAM?

Rob Prest

yes everything works fine.but from the outside view they dont move.any ideas?

I've only seen this happen in FSX if you have advanced animations switched off. One thing I did notice on the Wilco A320 is the movement on the Horizontal stabilizer is very small compared to the real thing, personally it's not a big deal, as long as you can properly trim the aircraft. I take it visually everything else works? Ailerons, Elevators etc?

Rob Prest

yep.everything works perfectly.but when we talk about realism what else would it mean?so yours moving?