Sign in to follow this  

Guys

Is it possible to run 3 monitors on a GTX 560 TI. I currently have two attached and I was wondering if I could attach a 3rd monitor for FSX. Is it possible using a dvi splitter or similar attachment?

Currently in FSX I create a new view and drag it across to my 2nd monitor and was hoping to be able to do the same to my 3rd monitor.

Many thanks for any answers.

John

John:

I also have the GTX560 TI with two monitors attached and was looking at replacing one of those two but the monitors I've looked at use the HDMI input. But lo and behold the GTX 560 actually has a mini HDMI output. I have not used it yet but that may be a possiblity in your case to hook up a third monitor.

Bob Demarest

Birmingham, Alabama

I was able to connect from a HDMI out to DVI of the monitor with a 8$ HDMI-DVI-D cable.. HDMI signal plays well with DVI-D Signal.

So I would think connecting a DVI-D to a HDMI Input of a monitor should work fine... Hmmm....

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks guys. i actually installed another spare video card and got the three monitors working, but my frame rates got smashed to hell. Thanks anyway.

John

You can hook up one monitor to the MB and use the SB VIRTU video on the chip. I use that for my second monitor.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this actually caught my attention. Have you seen any benefits to this? Right now I am running two monitor setup off the 560Ti. Did not think about the onboard MB chip.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Sorry to hijack this thread, but this actually caught my attention. Have you seen any benefits to this? Right now I am running two monitor setup off the 560Ti. Did not think about the onboard MB chip.

Honestly I am not sure. I use the second monitor to undock panels like the FMC, radios, etc. and run in full screen mode. My perception is that the main monitor is running smoother but I also get slight pauses once in a while and I am not sure if that is due to the Virtu monitor. My best advice is to try it and see what happens.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Ok...something for me to do this weekend, although the old adage, "if it aint broke don't fix it", may apply here.

Thanks!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor