Sign in to follow this  
wedgantilles

Manuals coming pretty soon

I guess we should have more information soon, but the manuals items have appeared in teh PMDG shop at http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=23

I'm quite sure we'll soon see an update here :) Would also be great to see pics from the 777 instead of the 737 ones :)

I'll probably let myself seduce like for the 737 :)

Awesome! But I won't be buying them until Ground School is finished in October.

But not the $389 ones :LMAO:

yikes look at those prices

Pretty standard for what you're getting, to be honest...

Kyle Rodgers

yup just high quality print and binders very professional. I dont mind having something that is quite a bit better than what you can get on your own if you ever print the full thousands of pages. I'm not found of reading on a screen.

Well, all I'd need would be the QRH.

I use my NGX QRH on my smartphone, I added bookmarks for each section and it works pretty well. But you need something as big as the Galaxy Note or even a Tablet to be handy and actually fast readable.

Well, all I'd need would be the QRH.

I use my NGX QRH on my smartphone, I added bookmarks for each section and it works pretty well. But you need something as big as the Galaxy Note or even a Tablet to be handy and actually fast readable.

How did you do that exactly? I have an iPhone so if you can help me out that would be great.

How many months passed between the 737 manual release and the actual release? Might be a good gauge for the 777's timeline.

How many months passed between the 737 manual release and the actual release? Might be a good gauge for the 777's timeline.

Or not. Completely different products. Completely different working bases (the background code is already written). Hence we should not gauge how the NGX went with the 777. They've already said the development time has been dramatically decreased since they have the codebase already.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Was about eight months or so I think. Yeah Nick is correct, remember Rob said he thought it'd be in beta last month but wasn't due to people needing vacation & some personal issues with some of the developers. That was just the biggest hint to me that it's not to far away. October would be perfect, when Groundschool finish's :LMAO:

How did you do that exactly? I have an iPhone so if you can help me out that would be great.

Well, first of all I have a Samsung Galaxy S II with Android 4.0.3 on it. I am not fimiliar with the iOS Platform but here is what I did:

I got the QRH PDF file, which comes with the product, on my phone and made a shortcut of it on the home page/screen, then I just opened it and added bookmarks for all the different sections, just like in the real QRH. It works pretty well for me and I can acces the needed checklists pretty fast.

Since the features and possibilities of the iOS system are very limited, I don't know if this is going to work for you but I'd say try it.

If you have an iPad, download the Dropbox App. Also follow the instructions and download Dropbox for your PC.

It is as simple as its name. Move any PDF (and other stuff too) into the Dropbox on your desktop and as long as you have a wireless router it transfers it automatically to the iPad. (Not sure whether material is held in iCloud, or is physically on your iPad. But FCOMs, Checklists and what have you can be there for you to read through at any time.

It is not a flightsim App as such, just a simple file sharing device, which can include music and photos etc that the kids love. But it is really easy and effictive.

If you have an iPad, download the Dropbox App. Also follow the instructions and download Dropbox for your PC.

It is as simple as its name. Move any PDF (and other stuff too) into the Dropbox on your desktop and as long as you have a wireless router it transfers it automatically to the iPad. (Not sure whether material is held in iCloud, or is physically on your iPad. But FCOMs, Checklists and what have you can be there for you to read through at any time.

It is not a flightsim App as such, just a simple file sharing device, which can include music and photos etc that the kids love. But it is really easy and effictive.

Absolutely positively +1...

Together with the manuals I've uploaded about 4GB worth of charts and that's my EFB altogether. Dropbox + Ipad2 is the simplest and cleanest (greenest) solution.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931