Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Pilot prank

Love it!

And here's a little story my father told me about a check-ride he gave somebody once;

He's a glider instructor over here in the UK and spends much of his time teaching other instructors to...instruct.

Several years ago, he took one of the younger newly qualified instructors out to see what he was made of, the flight went very well up until down-wind. Bearing in mind this was not long after a pair had almost died due to a pax locking up on the controls, my father decided to give the poor chap a bit of a situation to deal with...

800ft down-wind said instructor calls 'I have control' and tries to move the stick.... nothing.... again 'I have control'.....nothing 600ft further downwind.... 'I HAVE CONF****NG CONTROL!!!'... still nothing. It was only when it was heard in the form of a half yelp, half cry and very scared 'Can I please have control now?' that he decided to end the torture!.... Little did Dad know that it was just at that point that the terrified chap in the back was loosening his straps to give the old man a bit of a clip around the ear!!! The old man had a lucky escape!

That was a number of years ago but the story still makes a regular appearance at meet ups!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Yes, making someone think he's about to die, hillarious... <_<

I am with you on that one.....Maybe a good reason why he is flying one of those aircraft over an airliner (lack of professionalism).

Watching it a second time I think it is most likely a fake.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

It would be stupid to do a prank like that while piloting an air plane. Imagine making someone with zero flying knowledge that he's about to die...

I am with you on that one.....Maybe a good reason why he is flying one of those aircraft over an airliner (lack of professionalism).

Watching it a second time I think it is most likely a fake.

Cheers

I agree with you on both counts.

If pilots want to play that kind of trick to other pilots, that's fine with me. Otherwise, I think it's plain dumb. Even more, it's sad. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know the difference between funny and dumb.

My 2 cts,

but you're right, it's probably a fake.

Bruno