Sign in to follow this  
thegreek

Strange Problem with ACC and SP2

Hi whitav8 and thank you too,

my affintymask in fsx.cfg is at 14. i would like to try this thing with the cpu. do you know how exacly this option is called? BIOS-Power settings and then...

I think you may need to install Windows and then your internet security package and then FSX+Acc, do not put anything else [except absolutely necessary drivers] on at this stage, not even any addons.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

If you get periodic stutters then, it's probably the internet security package or a hardware problem.

If all is well you can make restore points and tread carefully as you add each package.

FINALY!!!!!

The winner is whitav8!!! I changed one setting in the bios power settings, its name was something with frequency, the options were: eneble(preselected)/allways low. I selected allways low. I rebooted and then i opend the cpuz, the core speed was permanently by 798Mhz. I loaded fsx and wanted to start a flight, the core speed was still there 798 and the fps were 2,5-3. I closed the fsx and restarted and went again to the bios to return this frequence to eneble. then i thought that maybe the tourbo boost caused this. the normal core speed is 2,4Ghz and with turbo boost its 3ghz. my scepsis was that while fsx is running at 3Ghz, the cpu automaticly turns it back for 1 sec to 2,4Ghz or even to 798Mhz and causes this stutters. So i disable turbo boost and loaded a flight. A wander happend, no stutters!!!! i've done 3 tuch and goes without stutters!!! i will do tomorow one or two flights to test this again but i think i fixed the problem!I will also test with turbo boost enebled to see by cpuz if the core speed real goes down(unfortunely i dont thought about to test with cpuz before)

But many many thanks to you all for helping and made me to understand the background of this programm and learned me many new stuff!

Its now 5am here in greece and i will go finaly after 3weeks happy to sleep!!! I will report tomorow if the tests will get well!

Again, many thanks to Steve,firehawk,whitav8 and OldMaintChief!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha - hardware error :) It's all about eliminating things in order. Good job.

On a laptop, set the Power to "Never" shut down the CPU, Hard Drive, and Monitor when on AC power.You can leave the Battery power to default options aince you probably don't run FSX on the battery. Also ensure screensavers are off.

Glad you got it fixed!

Dave