Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carm

Door switches

How do I go about opening and closing the A/C doors etc to load and unload theA/C . Help !!!

Cheers CJ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the sim:

PMDG drop down menu -> Options

In there, there's a section for key commands.

If you're running Vista/Win7 you need admin rights to your FS9/FSX directory, and you should run your sim as an administrator.

In the sim:

PMDG drop down menu -> Options

In there, there's a section for key commands.

If you're running Vista/Win7 you need admin rights to your FS9/FSX directory, and you should run your sim as an administrator.

I am running Windows 7 . On my other sim A/C, shift+ E will open the entrydoors, and Shift+e+ 2 the remaining doors. On my PMDG 747F, the doors do not respond but I get 'red' lettering on the screen saying that the doors are operating. ??

CJ

I am running Windows 7 . On my other sim A/C, shift+ E will open the entrydoors, and Shift+e+ 2 the remaining doors. On my PMDG 747F, the doors do not respond but I get 'red' lettering on the screen saying that the doors are operating. ??

Right. This isn't a normal add-on, though. FlightSim says the doors open, but FlightSim isn't controlling the doors on this model. As I mentioned, you'll need to go into the PMDG drop down and set the key commands there.

The reason I mentioned Win7 is that you need to grant yourself admin rights to the FSX directory, and run FSX as an admin, otherwise the keys you set will not save.