Sign in to follow this  
Lemond23

Weather engine and weather radar?

Any news about a possible development of a good weather engine for Prepar3d? Things like hail and ice in some types of cloud, a weather radar detecting water drops and turbulence, thermals and turbulence inside cumulus and cumulus nimbus, slippery icy or wet runways etc...That would be a great and awaited improvement.

Thanks

I use FSRealWX and it provides real weather capability to P3D, which does not have it included.

Did you try the excellent and free weatherengine FSrealWX for FSX and FS9 ?

It has some of the features you mentioned, but i am not sure if it works with Prepar3D.

http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php

I always use FSrealWX, it's a very nice and free software, thought limited by FSX capabilities.

I always use FSrealWX, it's a very nice and free software, thought limited by FSX capabilities.

I've noticed, using with P3D, it really hits frame rates when depicting weather. I tried it using simconnect networked.

Been looking for a Weather Engine for P3d. Ironically I have both ASE and REX ess. But I'm running both FSX and P3D networked. ASE can only be used for FSX , not both and REX's weather engine, well.. I just as soon not use it at all. Loads REX, then it downloads weather, than start Weather engine then loads weather . IJUST want the weather engine to open. :(

I use AS2012 for both FSX and P3D - works just fine, including the excellent textures.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

And what about Prepar3d team? Are they intending to develop a good weether engine for Prepar3d or at least make it easier for add on developers to make a real weather engine and weather radar? I'm not talking about the current weather engines for FSX, because they have FSX limitations.

And what about Prepar3d team? Are they intending to develop a good weether engine for Prepar3d or at least make it easier for add on developers to make a real weather engine and weather radar? I'm not talking about the current weather engines for FSX, because they have FSX limitations.

I think not. From a training point of view, real weather is not needed. What training needs is better weather themes and control. Remember that LM sees P3D primarily as a training tool so those needs will trump everything else.

I think not. From a training point of view, real weather is not needed. What training needs is better weather themes and control. Remember that LM sees P3D primarily as a training tool so those needs will trump everything else.

Oh, if this is true, it will be very disapointing, because a realistic weather is essencial for a flight simulator, and a realistic weather radar is essencial for an airliner.

Realistic weather does not necessarily mean real weather. Selectable weather themes can offer very realistic weather effects, and the repeatable, consistent nature of the theme can be very valuable in a training environment.

I use AS2012 for both FSX and P3D - works just fine, including the excellent textures.

I have ASE. There is no provision for dual sim, well FS2004 and FSX but not P3D and FSX. If i were using P3D more often I would probably invest in AS2012 and it's textures. But I have REX e for texture dont really want to throw 100.00 out the window. 50 to buy AS2012 and -50 for not using REXE. Hey Iknow, wish I could sell it!!! wishfull thinking.

Rendi,

Sorry for any issues you are experiencing with REX, but have you posted in our forum for support? REX Essential works perfectly inside P3D.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I have ASE. There is no provision for dual sim, well FS2004 and FSX but not P3D and FSX. If i were using P3D more often I would probably invest in AS2012 and it's textures. But I have REX e for texture dont really want to throw 100.00 out the window. 50 to buy AS2012 and -50 for not using REXE. Hey Iknow, wish I could sell it!!! wishfull thinking.

You can still use ASE and REXe in P3D. If you use the FSX2P3D configurator tool just install ASE seperately for P3D. Then install the REX textures. You don't have to buy AS2012, unless you want to.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Rendi,

Sorry for any issues you are experiencing with REX, but have you posted in our forum for support? REX Essential works perfectly inside P3D.

Hi Tim.

Do we need to purchase a seperate license to use REX in P3D?

The reason I ask is because atm I'm evaluating P3D and am hesitant to purchase in case I don't decide to switch.

As long as the clouds and precipitation are rendered in P3D the same way as in FSX you will never have a weather radar. All the weather radars in both FS9 and FSX are totally fake and display predetermined bmps. Also precipitation is an "effect" locally around the plane or immediately in front of the viewer. Unless that can be changed to be visible in the distance and have the ability to pass through it then again you will not be able to have weather radar.