Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Interesting numbers on stats

So anyway I just finished yet another job in the Maule, and I have been noticing lately the numbers of my total xp , and total flight hours, seem to be running like synomously with each other.

Like, when I had 1,650,000 xp, I had logged 165 hours in Flight. When I had aroung 1,500,000 XP, I had logged around 150 hours in Flight.

Currently after this last job, I have app 1.670,000 xp, and yep you guessed it - have logged 167 hours in Flight.

So I guess then, on earning XP, I am averaging around 10,000 xp for every hour logged in Flight.

Ah well, guess I just notice stuff sometimes lol.

Just flew the Cub from False Pass to King Cove about 42 miles with a 16 knt head wind all the way. Slow going, gave me a real chance to look around. Got the 10 tons of cargo transported award.

Any way I had to go check my stats.

1,436,092 xp and 122:46 flight hours

So they don't match

I figure mine must be staying in sync probably because I consistently fly jobs in the Maule, about an hour long job or so seems to get me somewhere around 10k XP.

Maybe it is time I start to vary my activities in Flight a little lol.

Hi Folks

Don -

I've checked my rate

and I've currently earned 16,145 XP per hour.

Come on over to the dark side, :drinks:

where I've not been particularly active.

However -

A 1000 lbs clandestine load,

if flown at night,

will earn you oodles more points.

The further hauled,

the better your XP reward. *

If you don't get caught !

HTH

ATB

Paul

Always read the, not nescessarily, small print,

ensuring you've first selected ALL text.

However -

A 1000 lbs clandestine load,

if flown at night,

will earn you oodles more points.

Hmm good point, it has been quite a while since I have flown one of those - that would be a nice change of pace for me.

Hi Folks

Don -

Please re-read my previous post.

I'd been editing whilst you'd been posting.

Caveat Emptor

Paul

I'd been editing whilst you'd been posting.

Gotcha, thanks!

Did a Clandestine job yesterday. Cold Bay to Nelson Lagoon in the dark.

16,192 xp +7,933 for night for a total of 24,125 xp

16,192 xp +7,933 for night for a total of 24,125 xp

Nice!

That will be my project for tomorrow.

Well I just finished a clandenstine job, first one of those I have done in a long time.

It was awesome, around 85nm job carrying around 900 lbs of unknown cargo. And what made it even more exciting, and I found to be a great benefit for flying this job, was having GMap open on my second monitor. I forget where I started, some remote airfield somewhere, and ended up at a very remote airfield just a little ways northwest of Anchorage.

I had to fly threw several mountains, and with GMap open it really helped me determine which way to go, I was able to see the valleys I wanted to fly through, rivers I could fly over and even a highway to fly over. I ended up going around the mountain toward the end, and flying over Anchorage, skimming the rooftops. I just knew one of those tall pines was going to reach up and ###### me out of the air.

Then, I get to within 5nm of the airfield, and all I could see was pines. I am like, ok so where is it. Then I fly over it, and am like, you gotta be kidding me, you want to me land there?? I mean there were just tall pines right off the end of the runway where I was to land.

So I lowered the flaps on my trusty Maule all the way, aimed the nose to the far end of the runway, am pretty sure I just scraped over those pines - probably some green stains on the bottom of my plane - and touched down about the middle, and was able to get her stopped. Now that one had me sweating a little - well ok, maybe more than a little.

Got 17K XP for it, would have got more if I had the nerve to try it at night. Maybe next one... that was a blast. Even got a " suspicous activity" award lol.

Much more fun at night. less then 500 feet over the water most of the way on my last one. The limited gps in the Cub did help me a lot when I went feet dry. The Cub can land just about any where there is a patch of open ground. There are so many of these small isolated fields to discover. Seems that these clandenstine pilots know where they all are.

GMap open on my second monitor.

FLIGHT made me buy a new rig, got a X52 Pro (an offer from a friend...), next will be the rudder pedals and a 2nd inexpensive monitor for GMap with FLIGHT and RealityXP-GNS530 (with xplane10) :-). With FSX I am also using FsWidgets.

The Cub can land just about any where there is a patch of open ground

Yep, after getting today's Aerocache I landed on a sloppy road with lots of tall trees along each side. On the first less dense area it was full flaps, and the 16knot headwind also helpped :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have been averaging 5400XP per hour of flight.

369,024XP with 68:21 hr:min

I have done a large percentage of free flight.