Well, my Cyborg X has just died yesterday, the rudder trimpot has a split contact that rendered the whole joystick unusable, specially since these parts are non serviceable (maybe if I short circuit two of the rudder wires, I could recover the rest of the stick, but still no rudder) :(.

Anyway, I'm thinking about both Saitek X52s, the standard and the Pro. However, there are some differences starting with price ($40 more for the Pro in Amazon):

- Stick stiffness: I understand the Pro is stiffer than the standard, but how high are the forces comparing with the Cyborg X? I couldn't stand the stiffness in the Cyborg and had to do what others did with the X45: http://members.chell...in6/mod_spring/

- The MFD in the X52 Pro: FS9 is not natively supported, but there is the Blackswift interface, which makes the Pro version worthwhile. Has anybody been able to run it successfully in Windows 7 64-bit?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I can tell you that the general button, rotary, and knob quality on the Pro is much better. Stiffness is comparable to the vanilla X52, but I prefer the Pro. The X52 standard and Pro model, for the price, are top notch. My 6 year old X52 is now owned by a friend of mine. It's still a great stick, and only one rotary is showing a very slight spike when not centered. My Pro, which I've owned for 2 years, gets a lot of action in Rise of Flight. Still accurate and stiffness is perfect for that sim. I keep a graphite based lubricant handy and wipe it around the spring mechanism to keep things smooth.

Working on the inside of the X52s isn't too bad, either. Maintenance after a few years isn't too terrible.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I own both. Both both work the same, but prefer the pro due to the look. Other wise a waste of $50.00 as they function the same.

I own both. Both both work the same, but prefer the pro due to the look. Other wise a waste of $50.00 as they function the same.

I own(ed) both. They both function differently (Especially on the MFD). They both feel different (the Pro is stiffer and feels "more expensive"). So defining "a waste of $50" is hard without being subjective.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I agree ZachLW. I overlooked MFD. I prefer the pro well over the regular. I retract my waste of $50.00 statement but for someone with limited funds, maybe $50.00 is important. I bought the pro and personally like it much better. My brain was in money saving mode when I posted that. When you think of it, $50.00 is less than 15 cents a day over a year. I say get the Saitek Pro.

Thank you for your opinions. I see that most of you prefer the X52 Pro. The only thing is, if Blackswift works in Win7 64 bit, then those $50 extra are worth every penny. BTW, I'm using FS9 currently (not enough horsepower for FSX), that's why I'd like to confirm this compatibility before making a decision.

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

One issue with the base X52 is its stick centering spring is very relaxed. Once off center there is only a miniscule amount of centering feedback. This was a deal breaker for me, though for others this may not be an issue. I got the X52 Pro instead, which has a much better centering mechanism along with its improved rotors and buttons. I've had mine for about five years now without any problems beyond basic maintanence issues, e.g. lubrication, cleaning pots. BTW, X52 pitch and roll axes use Hall sensors in place of pots.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Yes, I'm also having trouble loading this site. However, shortly after I started this thread, Amazon raised the X-52 Pro price $40, sending it out of my budget :( and making me ordering the Standard version. I expect it to arrive tomorrow :smile: Any tips for the X-52 standard?

Best regards,

I can't access Blackswifts website. Anyone else have that problem?

Yes, I had the same problem. Just got my first X52 Pro couple of days ago and having much trouble finding a working fs9/fsx profile interface.

Appreciate anyone that can help.

Best regards.

Thank you for that. I am actually looking for fs9 profile as I have yet to install fsx on my new rig that is being build at the moment.

I own both the Cyborg X and the X52 regular version. The X52 is a bit softer than the Cyborg. I think the Cyborg is a bit too stiff actually. They both are good, but I still prefer the Cyborg over the X52, the X52 being too big and clumpy and only has a single throttle. I got the Cyborg to save space and for the dual throttle.

If I were you, I'd actually use this opportunity to get a set of rudder pedals. I'd fix up the Cyborg and see if everything works except the rudder twist movement, I'd hang on to it and get a set of pedals instead of the X52. I've got the saitek rudder, it's great. Really adds to the immersion of simming. It's a lot more like actually flying, involves your entire body and feels more "right" if you've ever flown GA in real life (I've flown the Cessna 172) it's a lot closer to the real thing.