Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Clouds in XP10

Ive been trying different cloud textures that people have created. (Maybe Ill try to make my own someday,) Some look better from a distance, but loose that 3d feeling when you fly through them. Anyhow, after trying them all, Ive settled on the Cloudmaxx clouds. they seem to look a little better than the default and still keep that 3d look when you pass through them. No impact on FPS that I can see. They are free, and you can get them here: http://maxx-xp.hiking-pa.com/?page_id=147

Rob

CRJ200_4.jpg

CRJ200_13.jpg

CRJ200_20.jpg

CRJ200_25.jpg

CRJ200_27.jpg

Is that stock scenery?

Thanks

Bob

Thx for this great info,Looks fantastic!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Is that stock scenery?

Thanks

Bob

Converted Aerosoft might be a good guess as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks for the kind words on CloudMAXX, I have a new payware project called SkyMAXX Extreme that may interest a few users....

http://skymaxx-extreme.com

--J

This looks great, Any ETA on when it might come out?

Rob

This looks great, Any ETA on when it might come out?

Rob

I am running into issues with HDR, but once I get this sorted .....very soon....sorry I can't be more specific...

Since we're on this Clouds topic, I wonder if it is possible to have isolated cumulus clouds, sometimes known as good-weather cumulus, or even cumulus humilis depicted in xplane10. The same goes for thunderstorm CB-type clouds and TCus.

Apparently xplane10 always exhibits a stratified cloud layer, but I may be wrong... Can I have some pictures of nice, isolated cumulus, CBs, TCus in xplane10 to make me believe it is possible ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's on my wish list, too. I believe there was mention of the XP folks continuing to work on the cloud system from its base. As you said, it really only depicts one type of cloud right now. When it's correct for the weather the effect is fantastic. But without nifty cirrus and other clouds all the skies look the same -- and gray. It's a great start for the system, though, and hope they continue to work on it.

Wow nice shots Comanche!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

After playing with them a while, I find that I only intermittently believe in XP's clouds. At certain times and situations they can be beautiful. At many other times, I don't know what they are supposed to be besides odd blotches in the sky, which is strange. Does anyone else feel like the clouds have actually lost a bit of realism since the sim was first released, even as the rendering has gotten faster?

Moving past that, I am glad that an update or so back they finally got rid of a floating building and some trucks at the demo airport. Thanks!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5