Sign in to follow this  
Kaloyanic

Possible next plane?

A MULTI ENGINE!!! Count me in!

Edit: -- And if its not....Look what we are all going to miss out on if they woulda kept the dream alive...

I think one of the developers stated in a recent interview after the cancellation that there was one plane completed before the announced cancellation that may be released, and that would be the last DLC. Looks like a C-46 Commando! The interesting statement is "This item will be downloaded as part of a set" Set of what? More scenery?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think one of the developers stated in a recent interview after the cancellation that there was one plane completed before the announced cancellation that may be released, and that would be the last DLC. The interesting statement is "This item will be downloaded as part of a set" Set of what? More scenery?

Here is another post about that plane -- Who knows what it will be:

My guess would be a DHC-2 Beaver.

Check the spa.bin files in the Games For Windows Live - Addons folder. There are several planes mentioned:

- Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero (released April 4)

- P-40 (released April 26)

- F4U Corsair (released May 31)

- DHC-2 Beaver

- Carbon Cub (released July 25)

I think, that means that a Beaver has been on the DLC list.

and that would be the last DLC.

Actually, the words "last DLC" were never used, but it's likely there won't be more.

That looks like a DC3.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Keep in mind, the last title update just prior to the release of Alaska, added " drop cargo" to the key commands...

I have little doubt that the aircraft is a C46... Its payload of 7000 kg. is far greater than any freight missions that Flight has to date

I have little doubt that the aircraft is a C46...

Now that would be just way too cool, it would be awesome to have something like that in Flight for a nice change of pace, especially as there will be no more new stuff.

yea looks like a C46. Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft opened flight to 3rd party developers/sold it to a company that can see its potential?

The now classic MS Flight second question when it comes to new planes is - will it have a cockpit? :LMAO:

Seriously though the C46 would be a really fun plane...I hope its coming!

And the chances it would have a cockpit are

If that is the plane, and if it gets released, hopefully it does. But I will say, at this point even if it does not, I am most likely to buy it with the situation as it is.

Hmm, wonder if Kevin MV Gibbage might have any comments on this?

:smile:

I would definitely love a Curtiss Commando, but the million dollar question would remain; does it have a cockpit? If so, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Although, I don't know how a twin would work unless they patched the controls to include multi-engine planes.