Sign in to follow this  
Kaloyanic

Possible next plane?

Well over 100? I have never got the RV over 120 kts (cruise). What speeds can you achieve? Perhaps going straight down from 20,000ft can get you at 500 kts, this is totally worthless when flying from point A to point B.

Push the Blue Knob all the way in?

Flight's RV-6 cruises easily in the 160's indicated, and can reach 180ish in level flight.

Try to release a full cockpit on a plane that can go 300-600kts and see how many people will fly it.

160kts? Let's go back to what I said earlier... :)

160kts? Let's go back to what I said earlier... :)

Sure, let's do!

This may be due to the fact that they are the only planes that can achieve speeds over 100 kts.

Say what again?

This may be due to the fact that they are the only planes that can achieve speeds over 100 kts. Try to release a full cockpit on a plane that can go 300-600kts and see how many people will fly it. Perhaps it will (most likely) be the most popular plane in the game. Just saying...

Still proves that a lot of people choose fun factor over the cockpit!

You are correct... still 160kts and 100 kts are very slow speeds when you need to get from one side of Alaska to another.

Push the Blue Knob all the way in?

Flight's RV-6 cruises easily in the 160's indicated, and can reach 180ish in level flight.

Indeed, it does.

You are correct... still 160kts and 100 kts are very slow speeds when you need to get from one side of Alaska to another.

At 35,000 ft, I would guess...

What gets me is why they just don’t dump the plane on the market now unless it is not ready yet. Holding out on the sale of it serves no purpose with the cancelation of development. If it’s not ready yet and they aren’t developing new content then something is not adding up here.

What gets me is why they just don’t dump the plane on the market now unless it is not ready yet. Holding out on the sale of it serves no purpose with the cancelation of development. If it’s not ready yet and they aren’t developing new content then something is not adding up here.

We will never know what was, is or will be going on at MSGS. That is unless wiki leaks gets hold of some documents.

Somehow while writing this post I remembered a play by Lope de Vega.

Quien mato al comendador?

Fuenteovejuna Señor

Well Loki is asking for more blogs on the Flight website so at least for now, the impression they are giving is that nothing much has changed. ???

Well Loki is asking for more blogs on the Flight website so at least for now, the impression they are giving is that nothing much has changed. ???

I know this probably should not effect me in the way it does but i am freakin ######.

No matter how many times people cried out publicly on steam and facebook(here too, but since this is not an "official MS site" I am leaving it out.

Anyways, now they have 2 people that are clearly out there posting, answering questions, updating the main flight site and replying to peoples messages.

....Just makes no sense....no sense at all. (yes, I am sad flight is gone. Out of all the sims it has bar-none the best flight dynamics, FOR ME, Personally.)

Okay, also about the next plane. If they do release it and they plan to stick on the "end of month" schedule as they did before, than they dont know marketing products at all. They would get more money now then at the end of the month. Unless, way back in a hidden room in Microsoft, they are putting together a stealth crew of designers and programmers and are going to through a ###### load of developed scenery and aircraft our way. (HAHAHAHAHA.....Sorry, just woke up from a mini dream)

The community team has gone under the AoEO team from the fact that Solicest (I believe the lead community person at AoEO) is now working with the Flight web site. They don’t plan on shutting down the Flight authentication servers anytime soon. I don’t believe they want to take the products off the market soon so they will want to have minimum support for it. I suspect over time the updates on the main site will slow down.

Now after what they did with ACES Studio on their announced closure, we can’t be sure they have really stopped development on a flight simulator. I do not know if any of you are familiar with Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) that was published by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). They were a little jealous with Blizzard’s WoW and thought that SWG should have the same sales. They did a Combat Upgrade (CU) that angered the vast majority of the existing user community. They then came out with the Next Game Engine (NGE I may have the wrong word for N, it might have been New) because sales tanked after CU. NGE did not put the game back to where it was before. I do not know if they ever got the sales numbers back up to where they were pre-CU before they shut the game down for good. The main guy for SOE has stated that if he had it to do over again, he would not have done the CU.

I do not know what the sales were for Flight and how they compared with FSX over the original few months of that products life. The outcry from the existing fan base was quite similar to the CU of SWG. We can hope they went back to the drawing board and are planning to produce the successor to FSX with some of the community oriented stuff they started in Flight. I took a survey when in beta and one question was about how much I would want to manage baggage handlers and something else I can’t remember right now. The question as I took it was how deep into the weeds do you want to manage a virtual airline. That sounded good.

Sorry for the wall of text.