Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

3770K de-lidded + Liquid Metal Ultra results...

That's awesome. Intel better get their act together with Haswell and go back to using proper IHS solder or I'm going to be all over the news for mass murder

Your temps are too low for the voltage, cooling, and clockspeed you're running because they're lower than mine and that doesn't add up. Could you try Intel Burn Test at the Maximum setting? Nonetheless, congrats on 4.9!

Your temps are too low for the voltage, cooling, and clockspeed you're running because they're lower than mine and that doesn't add up. Could you try Intel Burn Test at the Maximum setting? Nonetheless, congrats on 4.9!

Ok, how many times you want me to run it?

EDIT: Ok, I have it setup at maximum for 5 runs. That should give us a good sample a temps.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

How's this? B)

BTW, it's still at 4.9Ghz and same voltage. The reason it shows 4.73 is because I have it set up via offsets, so the frequency fluctuates when there is no full load.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Intel better get their act together with Haswell and go back to using proper IHS solder or I'm going to be all over the news for mass murder

This just made my day! :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Fair enough, I guess you have a lucky chip. Congrats!

Tec. did you lap your chip and heatsink? Laping DOES help a lot to keep the temp. low.

I'm not going to lap my water block but I might just lap the IHS.

You won't be surprised how bad is the H100 until you lap it. I highly recommend it, bro.

FWIW, 5.0ghz is now my daily 24/7 driver. Works beautifully and doesn't go above 80C.

Averages low to mid 70s under full load. And by full load, I mean something like Prime95, LinX or IBT. Under normal gaming conditions, mid 60s is the norm.

Lap it!

- Grammar *censored*, this was sent from my phone.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

You won't be surprised how bad is the H100 until you lap it. I highly recommend it, bro.

FWIW, 5.0ghz is now my daily 24/7 driver. Works beautifully and doesn't go above 80C.

Averages low to mid 70s under full load. And by full load, I mean something like Prime95, LinX or IBT. Under normal gaming conditions, mid 60s is the norm.

Lap it!

I'm not using an H100 any longer, I have a custom water cooling loop with a giant radiator, strong pump, large tubing, and top-of-the-line CPU and GPU water blocks. I will consider lapping my IHS but at this point I'm guessing it just comes down to voltages as I run much higher VTT and VCCSA than you in order to run my RAM @ 2.6GHz+ with tight timings.

I'm not using an H100 any longer, I have a custom water cooling loop with a giant radiator, strong pump, large tubing, and top-of-the-line CPU and GPU water blocks. I will consider lapping my IHS but at this point I'm guessing it just comes down to voltages as I run much higher VTT and VCCSA than you in order to run my RAM @ 2.6GHz+ with tight timings.

Oh ok. Do you have AIDA64? If so, can you run the memory benchmark and post the results?

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Oh ok. Do you have AIDA64? If so, can you run the memory benchmark and post the results?

Something like 32+ GB/s last time I ran, still tweaking though, hoping for 33. I'll post a screenshot once I've gotten all the settings nailed down. Running 10-12-12-32-1T now but I should be able to go lower, perhaps with a bit more DIMM voltage.

Tec. up to you but laping the CPU without laping the block (or the other way around) will not make a big difference, both have to be 100% even for best contact and heat dissipation.

Not trying to push you to do something you may not want to do, just saying.