Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Are any of you this skilled?

Hi Lee,

Sorry, I should have been clearer....I use MCE voice control, and I am using the PMDG MD-11, NGX and Simcheck A300....the two PMDG birds are already fully supported...the Simcheck aircraft works to some degree with voice control, but the MCE support team are working on a full support module for it, even the Fligth Engineer's panel!!

I can't wait!!

That is awesome news. The autopilot doesn't work with my joystick buttons as its not default, so setting autopilot headings etc will be nice with MCE.

Engineers panel too, as a high workload plane it will be great.

Will have to do some checklists and then all set for great flights.

For me, at least where my skill is right now, it depends on the SID/STAR. Some of them can be challenging and I evaluate what I need to do before I depart, doing as much prep work as possible. Some SIDs are simple enough...some are long and tedious. Some I can fly by hand, some I can fly if I use my autopilot and VORs, etc. Truly, I have seen some approaches that I wonder if anyone ever flies without some automation or a helpful right-seater. For example, the LOC 25R to KLAX...step-down hell if you fly it from the IAF. I think the TERPs guy must have been laughing some part of his body off when he drew that up.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

For me, at least where my skill is right now, it depends on the SID/STAR. Some of them can be challenging and I evaluate what I need to do before I depart, doing as much prep work as possible. Some SIDs are simple enough...some are long and tedious. Some I can fly by hand, some I can fly if I use my autopilot and VORs, etc. Truly, I have seen some approaches that I wonder if anyone ever flies without some automation or a helpful right-seater. For example, the LOC 25R to KLAX...step-down hell if you fly it from the IAF. I think the TERPs guy must have been laughing some part of his body off when he drew that up.

Yeah same here, although, I just finished hand flying the Clacton 8 Mike out of EGKK, and it actually wasn't nearly as bad as it appears. It appears daunting and difficult since there are so much different instructions to follow; however, when you actually fly it, thanks to the distances between each waypoint, it actually becomes rather simple to fly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Some day I'll understand what you are all talking about :Hmmmph:

LOL. I'll say this...if I was in the soup, if the SID has any complexity, I'd probably depend rather heavily on the autopilot. Flipping Nav radios, selecting radials, monitoring DME and radial crossing, changing Com frequencies, monitoring engine temps.......two preset VORs and I'm ok. 3 or 4?...need help.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Haha this is a cute thread.

Now fly in moderate turbulence, watching the deice boots try to keep up with the icing over the Cascades while Vancouver Center tells you to slow for a crossing restriction to cross in 20 minutes but the fix is only 90 miles ahead. Sorry mister controller I think you know as well as I do that a King Air is not going to fly at 40 knots. Oh what a day that was. At least we had a nice hotel and hot tub on top of the building that night.

That is awesome news. The autopilot doesn't work with my joystick buttons as its not default,

Hello

I got them working ok with my goflight gear using Fsuipc's mouse macros

Mouse macros hey, never tried them before. Is it reliable?