Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Why Turboprops are making a comeback...

But Chris up in Hawaii has it really good flying Turboprops around Hawaii as well.

I'm not sure if I remember how to fly

*checks logbook*

My last flight was 35 days ago! My next flight won't be for another 40 days at least. Oh well at least I am being paid to read manuals and watch the Olympics!

I always find the Dash 8's operated by Jazz ("Air Canada Express" now ) to be really comfortable. I fly on them to Edmonton and Calgary where turbulence from the Rockies can get a little bad and they're always super smooth. Of course I do like the CRJ200s too.

I've always wanted to try the Q400 and with WS getting some and likely adding them on their route to my city along with their 737s I should get a chance to fly on them.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

*checks logbook*

My last flight was 35 days ago! My next flight won't be for another 40 days at least. Oh well at least I am being paid to read manuals and watch the Olympics!

That sucks.....as long as your are getting paid (but I would rather be flying then reading and watching olympics).

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Heh. I remember the days when Aer Lingus ran Vickers Viscounts. What goes around comes around I guess..

Those were the days, think I was still learning my ABC's back when they were let go, I remember seeing some taking off from DUB back when I was about 6/7 years old, along with our old B707's ... :lol: Also had Shorts 360' and F50's there, they were still around when I started out as an FO.

*checks logbook*

OUCH!!! And I thought 7 days standby was bad! :shok:

Any particular reason? I know you're going from the Dash8 to the ATR, but surely that can't be the reason for a 2 month dry period. You'd think in the height of the summer season they'd be having all their pilots working their asses off.

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

OUCH!!! And I thought 7 days standby was bad! :shok:

Any particular reason? I know you're going from the Dash8 to the ATR, but surely that can't be the reason for a 2 month dry period. You'd think in the height of the summer season they'd be having all their pilots working their asses off.

Ró.

Well it has been interesting. Since I am the first class through, the airline has been making sure we do everything perfectly so we can get started on the proving right away. There has also been delay after delay getting the aircraft here and will most likely be delayed yet again.

Because of the delays we don't have enough pilots to cover the schedule and they are scrambling to meet the needs. Hopefully it all gets sorted soon and I can still go to my scheduled sim time in Texas.

Air New Zealand has a good mix if ATR's and Dash 8 Q300's operated by subsidiaries.

Yeah and don't forget the fleet of Beech 1900D's operated by ANZ subsidiary Eagle Air, and we even have a couple of Jetstream 32s on contract at the moment. New Zealand truely is Turbo-prop heaven :-)

Dean Stringer

Does NZ Post still run Friendships? :wink:

I landed after one at virtual Palmy North yesterday. :wink: Pity there isn't one for FSX (with the orange NAC livery)...