Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Best GA Single or Twin for XPlane10...

Guys,

need your advice to buy the most complete, accurate, gorgeous GA single or twin to go with xplane10.

I just jave the money for a single model. Xplane10 WAS EXPENSIVE!!!!! and the default aicraft on this Beta6 while really not that bad certainly fall far from what XP can give me ;-)

Any suggestions, preferably identifying the URL of the make/seller welcomed!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

that's a big topic!

The latest Carenado Grand Caravan is pretty special IMHO!

that's a big topic!

:rolleyes: Shhhhh, don't tell the MS guys, anyway, FLIGHT is still a everyday stop!

I got excellent performance on my i5 2500 @3.2, with Geeforce 450 GTX. I am running windows 7 64 bit and have 8GB RAM.

Tested only the demo, with the default airplanes. It's really fluid, and the overall feeling - turbulence & wind effects, rain, snow, etc... + the scenery, are great, certainly not behind MS FLIGHT. I'd say MS FLIGHT and Xplane will be a great couple :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

If you have money to spare then either Carenado Seneca or LES DC-3 are the best twins to get right now. The sounds of these machines are fantastic, and the visuals are excellent.

For single engines, I have the Carenado Bonanza V35. Visually appealling, though the sounds aren't as convincing as the Seneca. As far as singles go it's quite fast, but it stalls at relatively fast speeds too so it's a challenge to get this bird down onto short fields.

Then there's this:

http://www.xpfr.org/index.php?body=aero_accueil&av=69

It's free, with an excellent cockpit, and in flight it sounds great (not so good sounding idling on the ground though). It's very good for short field operations and flies slow if that's your style.

Thx anthony!

Yes, the DC-3 is certainly on my to-buy list. As a matter of fact it will probably be my first buy! Great you reminded me of it!

Xpfr's site is a must too!

Also the DR-400 is familiar. As a glider pilot I have used their services at LPEV a lot to get me going :-). It's rather fast, a great climber, even with a Duo-Discus with two fat guys on board :-)

I have a learning curve waiting for me with Xplane. Last version I bought was v8, and in terms of add-ons, tools/etc, Xplane has gone through great changes, in the good direction.

Main Simulation Rig:

The Seneca not fully xplane 10 compatible yet. Or did the patch come out? jcomm, I want one good aircraft too but at this point I feel the release candidate is fairly close and the developers will have the aircraft I really want with full compatability. Meanwhile, the baron in xplane and my Flight and FSX addons will keep my patience in check. This is getting crazy now I'm looking at Prepar3d. The Stones were right. I can't get no....Satisfaction

The Seneca not fully xplane 10 compatible yet.

There was a small patch that came out to deal with some things. But most of the little bugs present are for Laminar to fix (things like radio chatter with radios off). In terms of things for Carenado to fix, there isn't much - small adjustments to engine performance to account for tweaks to manifold pressure by Laminar may be one such example.

I'm not overly convinced by the flight models of the Carenado birds in X-Plane 10 at the moment. Particularly the Bonanza. The visual model and panel are spot on, but in my opinion the flight model lets it down. They're better in X-Plane 9.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

The Stones were right. I can't get no....Satisfaction

That's two of us ;-)

Left simming in 2007, got back because of FLIGHT... Invested in a new rig because of FLIGHT. I am keeping it even if it has a not so good end(?) because it was/is really an extraordinary experience after a all life of hardcore simming... Then, back to FSX, avoiding Xplane and checking Prepar3d.

I finally decided for Xplane10, while never abandoning FLIGHT of course :-)

Whow! I'm tired.... :-/

I'm not overly convinced by the flight models of the Carenado birds in X-Plane 10 at the moment. Particularly the Bonanza. The visual model and panel are spot on, but in my opinion the flight model lets it down. They're better in X-Plane 9.

Thx for the note Tom.... I'll probably invest on the DC-3

Main Simulation Rig:

I really enjoy The 4Forces C152 for a nice single prop and The LES Dutchess as a Beautiful quick Twin both available from X-Aviation

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thx Patrick!

Main Simulation Rig:

All Carenado products are not meant for X-Plane 10, at least until they release a V10 Patch for them, so I wouldn't recommend them for now, since if anything happens during these new X-Plane Beta Patches, and the aircraft stops working ,you're on your own.

I'm waiting for Morten to release his Single Engine Piper updated from an old V9 model for X-Plane V10. It should be easily the best addon in terms of FM to date, since he;s such a guru in this area. I have no idea how long it's still going to take until ready. but should be a Must Have Addon for sure. Until then I don't have any recommendations for you since I only own a single Carenado Aircraft for X-Plane.

Most addons aren't still fully upgraded to run in X-Plane V10, and lots of changes have been made in the FM I think, mostly with the Engine Model, so I'm waiting for the 100% V10 compatible ones

Alexis Mefano

Hi jcomm

My favourite three aircraft are all twin engined, Tom Kyler's MU-2(can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet!), Goran's Duchess. These are both available from X-Aviation. The third is the Carenado Seneca.

The MU-2 will have a really good upgrade when XP10 is stable and Tom has time to finish it(follow progress/news on X-Pilot), and the others will also have new versions when XP10 is stable I believe.

Well guys, thank you all for the great suggestions :-)

Main Simulation Rig: