Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

07AUG12: PMDG 777 Manuals Available! (Start studying!)

Is there some option available to us paupers?? Like the pdf versions if we pre=purchase the 777 or is that something a bit too complimicated to implement?

Richie

I think the pdfs are part of the airplane purchase as has been the case with other PMDG planes. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I think this time around I'll buy one of these.

At FedEx, we get a warning or "Head's up" for large bulks to specific locations. It'd be funny to see one for manuals going across the globe!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Is there some option available to us paupers?? Like the pdf versions if we pre=purchase the 777 or is that something a bit too complimicated to implement?

Richie

Pretty much what Cory said above. Since the charts, diagrams and books are official Boeing documentation, they have restrictions on how they can be distributed. Only after a firm purchase can they be read, which is why the pdf ones only come with the actual airplane package, not as a free pdf download or for pre-orders. Also, PMDG sees no reason to have a preorder system since they are selling digital software which cannot sell out like a piece of hardware can.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Fantastic news! Been on this bird a few times, but not as familiar with it as I was with the NG. Looking forward to learning it. As always thanks for the update Robert!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Just Like Luke and Erik, i have no time for simulation anymore. I feel like i can't breathe.....But i keep coming here just to check how PMDG is doing. This is great news, but i probably won't be able to read these manuals or fly the 777 before may 2014.... :( . Enjoy guys and good luck PMDG !

Really nice news there Robert! :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Cool, is tax added to UK purchased. How much woulld the set cost in £ ?

Bought the Chief pilot's set earlier today. I'll spend many days and nights studying it so that when I crash the plane I'll at least know what I did wrong.

Sorry to say this, but unless the manuals come free (in pdf format) with the aircraft, I won't be purchasing the manuals and will fly without them. Personally, I find spending more than $300 on manuals for a flight simulator addon product to be beyond ridiculous, no matter how well simulated the systems might be. If others are prepared to part with so much money, good for them. But for me, I won't even consider it.

Sorry to say this, but unless the manuals come free (in pdf format) with the aircraft, I won't be purchasing the manuals and will fly without them. Personally, I find spending more than $300 on manuals for a flight simulator addon product to be beyond ridiculous, no matter how well simulated the systems might be. If others are prepared to part with so much money, good for them. But for me, I won't even consider it.

But it's PMDG quality.

But it's PMDG quality.

I agree that PMDG are top-notch when it comes to quality, they're peerless. But I can't justify spending that much money on a product for FSX. If the manuals are available with the product in pfd format, I'll happily read through them.

Guys-there is no need to rant.

There will be Manuals( FCOM, QRH, and a tutorial) in pdf format, that come with the product. ... its simply something that PMDG offers its customers. take it or leave it.

The cost for purchasing the maunals is justifed. PMDG has to buy a license to print them since they are copyrighted and owned by Boeing. Second, they have to pay a publisher to print and bind. Third, Pmdg has every right to make a profit from them.

Peter Osborn