Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Running out of Awards

Has anyone noticed that they're running out of possible awards? I don't mean something like one million passengers; no one will ever get that. But awards that you might actually be able to get at some point?

For example, after I got 20 tons clandestine cargo, and 25 tons total cargo, there's no drive to get another cargo award. They're too far off.

I still expect to get 500 hours flight time (currently at 413), 1000 landings (currently at 761), and 500 passengers (currently at 354). I *might* get 200 aerocaches; I'm at 165 (in game) and we don't know if they'll ever make that many. I still need the blue ribbon for spot landing.

I'm getting close to 3 million experience points, but the only award was for 500,000.

I've already rescued the kayaker 20 times for that award. About the only thing left is running out of fuel 10 times (currently at 3). Everything else is double what I've already got, and I don't expect to be playing Flight that long.

Anyone else?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Certainly not me.... There is still a long way to run until I even get close to your level :-)

OTOH, flying online is something that I have done just a few times. Last weekend met two guys flying p-51s, and I was in the Cub. Changed plane and kept there for a while, trying some sort of formation flying.

View perspective in MP is not great in FLIGHT, anyway it was possible to fly close to my left wimg :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

People who fly a lot of multiplayer should be able to keep interested in Flighit for a long time. Thanks for bringing that up.

The only flight sim I've ever been able to fly in formation worth a darn was "A10 Cuba!". That was probably because the aircraft were twice normal size, which cut in half changes in distance and relative speed toward or away. After a while it was dead simple to keep station on an AI aircraft's wing, even during a turn, where when he banked I had to gain or lose altitude to keep in line with his wing.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Compared to you Hook , I still have a way to go...

...still have not managed to get 50hrs flight time due to one thing and another, and those things keep getting in the way.

With Alaska I've kept the time in line with reality, only so I can fly it and enjoy it in the winter months.

In a way I'm glad, because I still have so much to accomplish and with no more DLC I will get more than my money's worth.

Also, after reading your posts on trackIR, that is now a must get purchase to go with my 3 monitor EyeFinity set up. EyeFinity with Flight is stunning and with TrackIR by the sounds of it, it will be amazing.

So even if nothing new appears, I still have lots to look foreword to. For those like yourself however, and with no more development I can see that interest will wain. Which makes me kinda sad.

Hook, sadly most awards became quite impossible; I'll just enjoy whatever I have right now

In any case I'm done pursuing awards in Flight.

Cheers

Well, I just got my world traveller award. Got a few more awards at the non-obsessive level to grab yet.

Plus I want to unlock all the paint schemes on the planes I have.

Which brings me to something that disappointed me, Maule and others showing up with 2 paintjobs. Can't be that hard to have different colours for us to gain.