Sign in to follow this  
Swadeep Chansrichavala

3 Monitors Set up. Lights too big!

Hi. I have recently upgraded to FSX and using 3 monitor set ups with GTX 680 spanning image across 3 screens. After configuring it vis nvidia control panel i am getting resolution of around 60XX times 1080. Everything is working however i notice that because of this, the taxi lights and runway lights etc seems very big and some how doesn't look real. When i put it in windowed mode (showing on one screen only), the lights look amazing and normal. I guess there must be something that has to be done but I am not sure how. Anyway who's using 3 monitor setup if you have any tips or any advice, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Swadeep

FSX with Acceleration Pack Installed

REX Essential

PMDG 737NGX and 747X

nvidia inspector

3 (27 inches) Samsung LED Monitors.

EVGA GTX 680 Super clocked Edition

Core i7 3770K IVY BRIDGE overclocked to 4.3 GHZ

Swadeep how are your frame rates using the bigger 27' monitors with the NGX and 747X?

Are you using complex scenery add ons too? ie Orbx or Flytampa?? How are you frame rates and or is it smoooooth

Cheers Josh

ps sorry to get OT but Im looking into building a rig just like yours but am slightly confused with all the options availible lol

Cheers Josh Cliff

Hey guys. Thanks very for your replies. I will try it when I get home and I'll report back. Cheers.

Thanks

Swadeep

@VH_JLC

I'll pm you and give you recommendations. But generally speaking frames are locked at 30fps and it seems to work ok. I still gotta try at big airports and will do this weekend and let you know. But it's worth it. The realism is Amazing!!

The distortion is not only with the lights. For three monitors setup (I used to have one) the extreme wide angle distorted the picture on the side monitors, so you get a fish eye effect. As for FPS, you will notice that it varies greatly depending on airport. For smooth flight experience, I had to only fly GA only and at much less traffics. Otherwise, you will notice stutter during take-off and landing. The immersion is a big plus, but at a cost.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020