Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

Finally. We need more of those dates. ^_^

Agreed! But, I would rather them tell me a month in advance and actually push it out the door on that date than try to promise a date a year in advance then not make the deadline.

Don't worry, no problem with the actual Aerosoft Airbus date. I'd just like to see some 1.0 BBS, 1.0 Airbus Extended and the FSL to be there. Then I would pick a nice one, or all ^_^ , and be happy since the sim gap on Airbus would be closed. Well, for the A320.

Ben, if the Extended arrives, we will expect your review. :smile:

Curious - why is everyone treating this release as a placeholder for the FSL version? While the original version was a light version (like they said it was going to be from the beginning), it seems like a light version with a stunning VC, excellent exterior model and great sounds would be a good base to create an advanced offering. After all, they added a year of development on top of the lighter product that included a ton up user input and testing.

I'm not trying to be contrary here. I am honestly curious.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Well because of what the FSLabs Airbus is expected to be like. Some of the stuff they're doing is amazing. I'm sure the Aerosoft airbus will be good, maybe the best Airbus for fsx....until FsLabs. IMO

Cheers

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Curious - why is everyone treating this release as a placeholder for the FSL version?

I don't. It wouldn't be the first purchase of a plane 'I already have'. Just looking at my 737 fleet and flying them all.

But I guess some people will love the Aerosoft extended bus for being between the initial release and the, assumed, super detailed FSL. Well, that's how I understood Aerosoft so far. Seems like they aim to keep a bit of the initial character while adding details. Some of them being in the lines of that active FO (are they still on it?) plus the vital SID and STAR ability.

For me, the first version wasn't much fun, but I know quite some people which said it was spot on. So I guess there is a place for all renditions.

I don't know if the one thing can act as the placeholder for the other one. All we have on the FSL is the aiming point and some screenshots. Resource hog, fps problems, price point? All of that will be known when it's there and if the Aerosoft bus is nice, stable and detailed enough, the assumed placeholder character may fade away. If the owners of the first version receive a discount, it will also be a sure shot for quite some.

Anyway, if folks buy them all, it helps the small business. B)

Does anyone happen to know if this addon will perform better or worse than the current Airbus X? I know it is a more advanced addon but I'm kind of hoping they have found some wizardry in optimization that might make it run better (or the same as) the current version.

Does anyone happen to know if this addon will perform better or worse than the current Airbus X? I know it is a more advanced addon but I'm kind of hoping they have found some wizardry in optimization that might make it run better (or the same as) the current version.

The FPS hasn't dropped at all. It performs well on my computer at most major airports (FSDT KJFK) for example. But then again, everyone's rig is different.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Thanks Chris that's great to hear. Can't wait for this one. If I could suggest one minor thing to the devs it would be that they make the tinted windows optional (like Carenado and Realair do) so people who don't like the effect can turn it off =).

Ben, if the Extended arrives, we will expect your review. :smile:

You can count on it! I will be first in line for purchase! :biggrin:

Guys,

Just remember that if you already own the first Airbus X, you get a discount on the Extended version.

This is excellent news. Be fun to do some bus flights!

And BTW to you others saying the 737 is geting old....are you guys high?

While the original version was a light version...

The original was a showstopper buggy and unflyable version. Rolling off the runway on take-off runs, and nose-diving while on short final.

Guys, i just finished another interview with Mathijs Kok regarding the Airbus X, should be published in the next few days.

The original was a showstopper buggy and unflyable version. Rolling off the runway on take-off runs, and nose-diving while on short final.

The nose dive thing was the only bug I had an issue with. The workaround was to disable FBW before approach - not elegant but it worked except it made the aircraft super sensitive to control inputs. I never had issues with it running off the runway on take off. Also, many people complained about FADEC issues but my Saitek TQ with run of the mill FSUIPC assignments worked from day one.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad