Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

Wow, look at those new graphics. Easily the best graphics I have seen in any FSX f/a add-on. It is unbelievable !

And BTW to you others saying the 737 is geting old....are you guys high?

LOL

The original was a showstopper buggy and unflyable version. Rolling off the runway on take-off runs, and nose-diving while on short final.

IT was a total waste for me.

The few minutes I could fly it before it crashes... it was horrible... It was far more lethargic than even the B-17. Not sure if thats how the real Airbus handles.

I know the Airbus is different from the Boeings...but the flight dynamics are so vastly different, I suspect that either PMDG don't know what they are doing or this Airbus team don't know what they are doing. Both can't be right.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

IT was a total waste for me.

The few minutes I could fly it before it crashes... it was horrible... It was far more lethargic than even the B-17. Not sure if thats how the real Airbus handles.

I know the Airbus is different from the Boeings...but the flight dynamics are so vastly different, I suspect that either PMDG don't know what they are doing or this Airbus team don't know what they are doing. Both can't be right.

The original was a showstopper buggy and unflyable version. Rolling off the runway on take-off runs, and nose-diving while on short final.

Don't worry. With this new Bus', I haven't encountered the same fatal errors I did with the Airbus X. I can actually exit the sim without getting that "Fatal Error" message.

Hand-Flying the new bus' is beautiful! You wouldn't want to go for an ILS landing (unless clouds make it impossible to see).

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Don't worry. With this new Bus', I haven't encountered the same fatal errors I did with the Airbus X. I can actually exit the sim without getting that "Fatal Error" message.

Hand-Flying the new bus' is beautiful! You wouldn't want to go for an ILS landing (unless clouds make it impossible to see).

Ah thats good to know. Thank you. I am looking forward to a good airbus. I get 50% off...so its not a total waste after all. LOL :)

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Ah thats good to know. Thank you. I am looking forward to a good airbus. I get 50% off...so its not a total waste after all. LOL :)

Manny

Make that 60% off Manny. Even better.:)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You know, I never had any of those problems with my AirbusX. Heck, I still rank it in the top 3 or 4 of all my addons for FSX. I use AirbusX coupled with Aivlasoft's EFB so I have SIDS and STARS available and all my flight plans read directly into the FMS. I never once experienced a dip on final or running off a runway. Wierd isn't it?

I am looking forward to the Extended Edition mostly for the even more enhanced textures and the winglets. I don't expect much improvement in the flight dynamics just a few more goodies in the cockpit and a new tutorial.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Are you allowed to say if it will do Imperial as well as Metric weights?

Joe Lorenc

I bought the Airbus X in 2010 and have never been able to get the throttle to work on my Thrustmaster Hotas. I just reinstalled the newest version and have the same problems although I did all the solutions proposed. Hope the throttle works in the new version.

Bernd Jablonka

I don't understand the excitement about this release at all. Their first version got a extensive horrible review by a real world commercial pilot, unfortunately it's in German : http://www.simflight.de/2010/09/20/review-aerosoft-airbus-x/

Biggest critics : The heart of the Airbus, the Flight Management and Guidance system is only partislly modelled or wrong modelled (they even seem to have used the Microsoft Standard Autopilot/Autothrottle). The reviewer even used terms like the AirbusX being a "rape" of the Airbus philosophy.

I see no sign in their announcement this has changed in the extended version. If you need a nice visual model, then such products might be OK. But don't let yourself be fooled by nice looking displays or the loud Aerosoft marketing talk. If you want to know how a real A320 is handled, then stay away from it. It's a Boebus, if at all.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I don't understand the excitement about this release at all. Their first version got a extensive horrible review by a real world commercial pilot, unfortunately it's in German : http://www.simflight...osoft-airbus-x/

Biggest critics : The heart of the Airbus, the Flight Management and Guidance system is only partislly modelled or wrong modelled (they even seem to have used the Microsoft Standard Autopilot/Autothrottle). The reviewer even used terms like the AirbusX being a "rape" of the Airbus philosophy.

I see no sign in their announcement this has changed in the extended version. If you need a nice visual model, then such products might be OK. But don't let yourself be fooled by nice looking displays or the loud Aerosoft marketing talk. If you want to know how a real A320 is handled, then stay away from it. It's a Boebus, if at all.

Gee man that's a tad harsh there - it's a consumer-level desktop PC addon for a 6 year old piece of software that has very poor provisioning for developing a true FBW system as is quite widely known. Of course it isn't going to model the real thing 100% and frankly this is the best A320 addon for FS yet. The VC is second to none - find me an Airbus VC in the market now that rivals it's quality and I'll retract this statement with humility. Granted it has had some stability issues for some which is unfortunate but I for one have had many fulfilling flights with this bird and none of them were stopped by a ctd or nosedive on final or any such thing. Looking forward to this enhancement greatly!

Best A320 Addon yet ? No, not at all, regarding the FMGS the Wilco Airbus is still the MUCH better product ! How can anyone seriously use terms like 'realistic', if the FMGS that far away from authentic ? The Aerosoft Addon gives a completely wrong impression how the 320 is handled.

I tend to think the money should go to teams, who really care to give us an "as realistic as possible" Airbus experience, like FSLabs. Yes, it might take a bit longer, but for me it deserves more support than Aerosofts 'it should sell well" marketing birth.

Best A320 Addon yet ? No, not at all, regarding the FMGS the Wilco Airbus is still the MUCH better product ! How can anyone seriously use terms like 'realistic', if the FMGS that far away from authentic ? The Aerosoft Addon gives a completely wrong impression how the 320 is handled.

I tend to think the money should go to teams, who really care to give us an "as realistic as possible" Airbus experience, like FSLabs. Yes, it might take a bit longer, but for me it deserves more support than Aerosofts 'it should sell well" marketing birth.

Yea the Wilco one is probably more realistic than the current Airbus X in terms of systems which is great. As long as you don't mind flying with outdated visuals. I'd find it hard to feel immersed after flying in the AirbusX VC. I suppose we will have to see what the Extended version is capable of in terms of realism vs. the Wilco one but from my point of view, this is currently the best A320 addon available and it is about to get better.

Will be interesting to see how the FSLabs one develops. It seems we are having a field day with A320s now with at least three serious contenders in development.

Yes, no doubt the AirbusX is the best A320 Addon from the eye candy point of view.

But on my FSX box is written 'flight simulator'. Not 'aviation screenshot simulator'.

But on my FSX box is written 'flight simulator'. Not 'aviation screenshot simulator'.

The Extended version is purely intended to fix this and introduce advanced systems and realistic flight modelling. I don't understand why you would bash a product even though it hasn't been released.