Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Airbus X Extended Release Date!

As mentioned before, I see nothing regarding FMGS improvements in their announcements. Once again, that's the HEART of Airbus operation.

Maybe my remarks are a bit harsh, but I think that's the correct answer to Aerosofts 'even more realistic' loud marketing talk.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

As mentioned before, I see nothing regarding FMGS improvements in their announcements. Once again, that's the HEART of Airbus operation.

Maybe my remarks are a bit harsh, but I think that's the correct answer to Aerosofts 'even more realistic' loud marketing talk.

They've modeled an new FMGS with SID/STARs, vertical navigation, fuel prediction, and more. Just let's see how it work when the new version is released.

They've modeled an new FMGS

So the managed modes and open climb/open descend with the appropriate engine management are now correctly modelled ? FADEC behaviour of the engines ?

That would VERY much surprise me. Well, Ok, lets's see ...

So the managed modes and open climb/open descend with the appropriate engine management are now correctly modelled ? FADEC behaviour of the engines ?

Are they modelled in the Wilco?? From what i hear it Is very basic.

Yes, no doubt the AirbusX is the best A320 Addon from the eye candy point of view.

But on my FSX box is written 'flight simulator'. Not 'aviation screenshot simulator'.

Well to put it in perspective the box that is written on is worth $100 in my country (NZD). The industrial level Airbus sims that do everything you are talking about probably have a price tag in the order of millions? And the Airbus X Extended is will cost what, 30 Euro?

Not saying we shouldn't strive to achieve as much realism as possible but it just seems overly critical to disparage a product that hasn't been released because it may not simulate every possible system/event.

The Extended version is purely intended to fix this and introduce advanced systems and realistic flight modelling. I don't understand why you would bash a product even though it hasn't been released.

yep...

here is what they said for AirbusX 1St of the name:

All the displays are detailed and easy to read, even at lower resolutions and show how most A320/A321’s are now leaving the factory. While leaving out the most complex (and least used) functions of the computer systems, the actual operation of the aircraft is highly accurate and as easy and logical as Airbus designs its aircraft. The displays will automatically show you the information you most need at any given moment.

The Fly-By-Wire flight model is totally reliable and extremely close to the actual aircraft. Where older aircraft use conventional throttles, the Airbus has a realistic FADEC system that means you almost never have to touch the throttle after you started your take-off run.

As St Thomas, I can only believe in what I can see...

especially for Aérosoft products

and I'm still waiting for a patch how make flyable the actual Airbus X...

too many bugs, never finished.... trust them..... yes you can...

No reason to jump to unnecessary conclusions on an unreleased product.

Once we get an Airbus X Extended, you can freely critique it. You might even be able to assist Aerosoft in fixing bugs and improving the product for the rest of us! :wink:

Are they modelled in the Wilco?? From what i hear it Is very basic.

Yes, the modes are at least modelled, although not to the latest details and not quite correct. The Autothrust in the Wilco is well done. So overall it gives a much better idea how an Airbus is operated in every days practice.

Of course the Wilco is outdated regarding the visuals, so I can understand many simmers like to get something new.

The industrial level Airbus sims that do everything you are talking about probably have a price tag in the order of millions?

That's the standard answer I receive when critisizing light FSX products. I have nothing against these light products. But if Aerosoft make such loud 'high realism' announcements and marketing talk, then they should be measured accordingly.

Look at PMDG products, or Feelthere's ERJ/EMB, doesn't cost a million.

Guys, I am not connected with FSLABS. But wait for their Airbus, I am very optimistic to get an authentic Airbus experience then !

Sorry since I am neither a developer nor a beta tester, I can't tell you they are working perfectly right now. What I know is that all the systems you mentioned are modeled in the new version. While the there is a month until release, bugs should be getting fixed. We can wait a review after release. :rolleyes:

Once we get an Airbus X Extended, you can freely critique it. You might even be able to assist Aerosoft in fixing bugs and improving the product for the rest of us! :wink:

That's totally correct sir. Can't agree more.

as you said it's a unreleased product, so you have to keep in mind that there is no raison to be optimist as you about it in regards of the last version!

as member of AVSIM staff you have to keep some reserve, and not as you do it, make good publicity to this product!

you look like a a really excited user.

I really want they make a good airbus, & I'll buy it if the reviews are good so they don't impress me with the product management of the last one.

And when I paid a product, it's not to make the job by myself for fix it...

my two cent

you look like a a really excited user.

Who ever said I was excited? I am just some over excited forum troll with a staff banner at the top of my posts! :LMAO:

This one sure as hell flies better than Wilco.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Being one of developers on the Airbus X version 1, as well as having put some small stuff into the extended versions, may I please make something clear ?....

Airbus X V1 was never told to be a highend addon. We even told that numerous times before and after release. The goal was to make an addon available for those who didn´t want (or rather have time - family, work - You know !) to read a 400 page manual. So system wise it was planned from start to finish to be "Light", but with the best graphics possible to make in FSX.

Problem was that even those who constantly asked, and where answered, still appaeread after release and bashed about stuff we never promised, and actually clearly told we would NOT do.

Well after Airbus V1 Aerosoft saw that there where potential in the Airbus X V1 to be enhanced towards the more advanced flightsimmers needs, and work started on that.

While it won´t be as detailed regarding failures, wear and tear like the PMDG 737 NGX, it will be a far cry from V1 (please see the link below).

What you will find are an overhaul of almost all aircraft systems.

Some of those that was simplified in V1 has been coded from scratch and new systems added, like:

-Autopilot (Most realworld functions added)

-FMGS (MCDU) - (SID/STAR, Airways etc, etc...)

-ADIR (IRS system)

-New ND with curved lines

-FBW (Totally customcoded and like said elsewhere - You dont want to make autolands with this smoothness)

-Autoland

-FADEC with much more accurate behaviour

-Updated models and textures, both in the VC and exteriour (We didn´t knew it could become better, but it really have)

And definitly some items more that I can´t remember.

The Airbus X Extended is not a Servicepack or Update to the Airbus X V1 it´s very much a standalone product.

But for further discussion about Airbus vs FSX please read my post here on the Aerosoft preview forum:

http://forum.aerosof...480#entry390640

Maybe You will better understand why no highend Airbus has been released until now.

Just my humble input to this thread...

Best regards

Finn Jacobsen

(Aerosoft developer)

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

If I had a pound for every time a developer attempted to do an Airbus...

..and if I had a pound for everytime someone asked for a better Airbus.... ;)

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home