Sign in to follow this  

How long your 777 hauls will be, average ? - POLL -

How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?  

368 members have voted

1. 1. How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?

• 1 hour
    • 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 4 hours
    • Between 4 and 6 hours
    • Even 10-12 hours, if I have coffee and sandwiches enough

I will be exploring many of the ultra high density short route segments the 777 flies (particularly in the far east). While my past involves large stretches of time in G-CIVX, I am fascinated by the continous orchestrated ballet of operating short haul segments (thanks to the NGX). The shorter the pause between after take-off's and descent brief the better. For me (and I fully appreciate "each to their own") the 'continous" operation of sub 1 hour segments is fully emersive, and (necessarily) captivating.

That said, I have a couple of chaps itching to compare fuel burns at ETPs.... so there will be, no doubt, at least a few long hauls in my future ;)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Between 2-3 hours.

What, 10-12 hours ? You accelerate the speed of flight.

On all of my long hauls on Vatsim I have to use VA's ACARS systems and they all make you fly at normal speed.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

I also don't think my FSX will survive that long without any CTD(Regardless addon Aircraft)

1y329d.jpg

I also don't think my FSX will survive that long without any CTD(Regardless addon Aircraft)

That's why you save your progress every 30 minutes to an hour! :-) Just reopen FSX and you'll be back where you last saved with everything how it was. Plus if you do love logging your hours on Vataware then if you're quick enough it'll not restart.

Where is the 18 hours option, I find your lack of faith in this airframe disturbing.

:lol:

:lol: Touche'

Mine will be between 5-10 hours maybe some 3hr flights, The first long haul flight I want to do is the Air Canada Polar route.

14-18. All Delta long haul routes for the 777. I set it up anywhere from 3-5pm before my wife gets home and land it 8-10am the next morning. Works beautifully.

6-12 hours for me... I swore I would never fly for 16 hours straight in FSX again! :P

Iv'e never touched the accelerated time option as I think its a useless feature in FSX.

I'm going to simulate a 12 hour JFK-Heathrow flight, which is basically 6:30 in the air and 5:30 in taxi time.

I guess most of my flights will be 3 hours long (flying for Emirates ofcourse <3), probably once a week I'll fly long haul on a standard 8 hour flight and probably once a fortnight I'll fly some major tiring route like OMDB to KSFO (16/17 hours approx) so it probably averages out near 8 or 7 hours. The more I think about it, the more I can't wait.

Edit: Damn I don't see 7 or 8 hours in the poll :(.

OMDG to KSFO is apparently Emirate's "longest green flight in the world" which is why I'm interested :P.

I'm going to simulate a 12 hour JFK-Heathrow flight, which is basically 6:30 in the air and 5:30 in taxi time.

:LMAO:

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Like a few other folks, I have no idea about what I could do during long hauls, I should probably get an Ipad or something like that so I can go on Avsim while my T7's on autopilot.

Good one! :lol:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

30 mins, DUB -> BFS -> SNN -> ORK -> DUB. My favorite FS route, do it about 85% of the time, as others have said, the cruise is not for me, FS isn't for bringing my work home with me, but for learning how to fly this bird inside out. I think I could stretch to a delivery flight from KPAE to EIDW though.... B)

Ró.

Hi,

Novice alert here: the route you mentioned, is it just starting out at DUBlin, go to some waypoints, then back to DUBlin?

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020