Sign in to follow this  

How long your 777 hauls will be, average ? - POLL -

How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?  

368 members have voted

1. 1. How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?

• 1 hour
    • 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 4 hours
    • Between 4 and 6 hours
    • Even 10-12 hours, if I have coffee and sandwiches enough

First flight will be LPPT-VMMC, one of our colonies in the old days. It's a nice 6000nm hop and will be a good test for the T7. There will be an online IVAO flight with 4 or 5 pilots the same day.

I will be using the T7 for many shorter flights as well, it's an aircraft i like quite a lot and it'll be a joy to finally fly it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I also don't think my FSX will survive that long without any CTD(Regardless addon Aircraft)

What a freakkin pain!!! Just go out and get your own pilots license and deal with no CTD!!!! (or lag) ^_^

True ....a big PAIN!! Hence I already own pilots license ;)

1y329d.jpg

KJFK-EGLL and back then KJFK-RJTT or SBGR

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

How long your 777 hauls will be, average ?

The Poll is intended using no accelerated time of course.

10-12 hours. As long as I have the possibility to save. I fly the hauls in 2-3 days.

Not realistic but very convenient :-)

Eric

I'll be flying BAW, DAL and AAL routes which range a lot in duration but if aerosoft come out with OMDB then I'll be all over UAE.

Regarding FSX crashing, that's not a problem now as if you just do a simple save it saves everything. I would do it every thirty minutes - one hour.

But what if the 777 is like the NGX where you cant save....

I've tested it a few times and it does work with the NGX. Actually only the NGX from what I have for FSX.

I had a habit of saving every flight when I reached cruise and just before T/D, I never usually need it because my system is rock steady and besides a early NGX FMC lock up bug that was fixed in a hot patch I haven't had a issue. A couple weeks ago I had the power drop out while I was on approach, was annoying but didn't bother me too much because I saved!

That didn't work well, doesn't matter what I did FSX reloaded the flight with a 100% dead bird and I fell out of the sky like a stone. I don't bother saving anymore, I never had trouble loading saves with previous PMDG aircraft.

You can save the NGX. Pause the flight, SAVE FLIGHT. Then SAVE PANEL STATE. Then reload the flight and then the panel state.

Pff, you guys are all wimps. I know (that is, have read forum posts of) guys that play Silent Hunter (a submarine sim) in real time. When it takes you a month to cross the Atlantic, then we can talk about long haul. :P

6-12 :-)

Same as Luke.

Chris Howard