Sign in to follow this  

How long your 777 hauls will be, average ? - POLL -

How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?  

368 members have voted

1. 1. How long will your 777 hauls be, average ?

• 1 hour
    • 2 hours
    • 3 hours
    • 4 hours
    • Between 4 and 6 hours
    • Even 10-12 hours, if I have coffee and sandwiches enough

I'm probably not going to buy this aircraft. Cruise is boring - got better things to do. I already have the MD 11 to fly - and it is different enough from the NGZ in flows etc. that it is a pleasant change. Can't wait for the DC6 however - vor to vor flying will keep you on your toes, along with many sparkplugs and pistons. Will also buy the Cool Sky DC9 for the same reason. Short hops, no FMS etc.

Colin Ware

Seattle

Customer since the Fly2K 757

For all you guys claiming you dont like acceleration, you do know that there is a much better (and more realistic) way to fly long haul in a short time?

Plan and start your flight normally. When you are at cruise, plan your crew allocation exactly as you would in real life. i.e. What are the 'interesting' bits and what is the expected fuel used and remaining at those points. Now disable the autopilot, pause the flight, and open the map. You can drag the aircraft symbol to where you want to be, and then use the fuel planner to adjust to the expected fuel level at that location. This is the same as the chief pilot (you) taking a nap or entertaining the vips while the junior copilot does the boring bits. When you un-pause, imagine the copilot is handing you back control and will probably kick something while climbing out of your chair, so you have to fly manually until it is stable and back on course. Then you can re-engage the autopilot and deal with what ever it was that made this an interesting bit.

0-18 hours!! I will be flying everything from airport turn arounds to the long hauls.... I can't wait for the PMDG 777!! :Praying:

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Guys,

I know that PMDG products are far superior to whatever else in FSX market and the fidelity of its products is simply gorgeous but, are you really telling me that you can start a haul let's say at 8.00 AM to finish it at 8.00 PM ?

Of course while cruising you can do something else, like real pilots btw, but if FSX crashes ? And then, can you really avoid the temptation to skip few cruising hours using the accelerated time ?

I assume there will be no Wx avoidance system so the cruise could become very boring, IMO.

I can't remember the last time I used the time acceleration. It's always bad news. But I like long hauls and I'd do it. Sometimes overnight too.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

When ever i get ready for a long haul i make sure no one including the wife gets on my way i get everything i need loaded on my ipad i plan my naps and even keep some snacks on my fridge ready . MY WIFE ALWAYS SAYS "IM MARRIED TO AN AIRCRAFT IN A MANS BODY".

Image removed as image is no longer available.

If I can do ten hours in the LDS 763 then I can do 15 in the 777 easy ha - http://www.vataware.....cfm?id=9997126 I've gone eleven in that too. (LHR-SFO)

When I do my ULH's I'll get up earlier and time it all so I'm not landing too late. I do other things whilst flying long haul though, no way I could sit in front of a computer screen for that long.

Regarding FSX crashing, that's not a problem now as if you just do a simple save it saves everything. I would do it every thirty minutes - one hour.

how do i do that sir?

I want to go Atlanta to Rome.... 10hours and 30 minute flight... :Big Grin:

SQ all the way. Can't wait for the 300ER

Will be a variety of short intra Asia hops and ULH

What do you guys have installed in the FSX to make it more interesting while in the cruise? I don't have much, so I have no chatter really, no attendants, and I fly VATSIM, which can get pretty boring on some long cruises.

That's why I usually go do something else if theres no atc on. Always checking back in less then half an hour.

If there is atc I'll usually read these forums or something while I'm cruising.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

As I always fly online, I never use time accelleration, nor do I leave the cockpit for more than 5 minutes at a time, so I'm not really sure that I'll be buying this ultra long haul bird. I dont like sitting 10 hours infront of the computer. More of a short hauler. But then again I usually fly the cross the pond event on vatsim, so perhaps I'll get it for those two annual flights. I dont know.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Yeah, I know I can do other stuff while flying, and I do. But still, I would like to make it more interesting while in flight, if possible. It's one and the same sound for 10hrs. Hardly believe it is like that in the real cockpit?