Sign in to follow this  
mcdonaldc25

737NGX Dark and Cold start

I want to start a flight "dark and cold" but when i load the 737NGX, it starts up all ready to fly... how can i change this?

From the FMC select PMDG Setup. Then Select Panel Load State. Then select CLD/DRK. Then activate and execute. After that your bird should load up cold and dark. Hope this helps.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

PS: I have attempted to load the default Cessna 172 as i have seen on various sites on the internet and configure that to "cold and dark" then switch to the 737NGX, but the latter aircraft always starts up ready to fly

The Cessna method is a myth and it says so in the documents that are included with the PMDG 737NGX.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

PS: I have attempted to load the default Cessna 172 as i have seen on various sites on the internet and configure that to "cold and dark" then switch to the 737NGX, but the latter aircraft always starts up ready to fly

Don't do this. Do like rcpistonhead said.

And guys, sign your posts, PMDG has a very strict policy on this.

P.S. it's cold and dark... Some people just want to see the world burn...

You just go in the CDU, click on menu, then click on PMDG SETUP, then click on LOAD STATE then choose NGX COLD AND DARK then hit execute and all instruments should go dark and engines should be shut down.

Andrew Ayad,

The Cessna method is a myth and it says so in the documents that are included with the PMDG 737NGX.

It's not a myth because it works with less sophisticated addons. It doesn't work with the NGX of course.

ki9cAAb.jpg

As mentioned, it is a VERY good thing to read the introduction documentation included in the product. :smile:

As mentioned, it is a VERY good thing to read the introduction documentation included in the product. :smile:

+1. RTFM. Always a good idea.

No, scratch that. It's a MUST-read. :t0152:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

I am aware of how to load the Cold and Dark panel state however I would like to how to have the aircraft load in the cold and dark config instead of all engine lit up and ready to rock? I believe this is also what the OP was asking.

You can select it as the default state to load from the menu in the FMC.

So long as you select PANEL LOAD STATE - CLD/DRK from the FMC it will load the panels in that state evey time you start a new flight.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

or set it to load your last flight...that way you will always have the aircraft as you last left it

or set it to load your last flight...that way you will always have the aircraft as you last left it

James - I have experienced problems with this. I found that the NGX does not like to be loaded over itself. In other words... I get the best performance when I load a fresh NGX every time I start FSX. I find that when you load a saved NGX file the performance suffers a bit compared to just loading a new flight when you start up FSX. I also found that regularly deleting your saved flights will actually keep the NGX running at its best. Of course, PMDG also reccommends regularly running a quality system cleaner as well a defrag.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485