Sign in to follow this  
SergioPT

Anyone tested the FSX / NGX combo in windows 8 preview?

Hello friend, Well, I've tried and I can tell it works perfectly, but I recently re-W7 Pro x64 because some addons not working as they should and FSX is still a little shaky with this OS in development. I feel my English (translated by Google) Greetings.

Sergio-

Despite being well-known as unusually dull- I shall be sticking to Win7 x64 for the forseeable future. I concur with Ryan..... Like XP people will be using Win7 x64 10 years from now.... It's by far the best OS Microsoft ever created (yes, I'm aware of what they say about opinions). :)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I was seriously lost in the new interface for the first week, but have grown accustomed to it now. It's different. It's new. People will reflexively hate it.

As far as how it handles FSX and the 737NGX, I've only taken one short spin and had no complaints. I can't compare anything apples to apples though, my win7 install is 32 bit and RAM limited versus win8 64bit.

Win8 has some bugs with programs. Sometimes when you minimize a program, it will completely just disappear...

I have been flying with Win 8 for a few days now and I have to say it is pretty flawless.

Went from XP 32 to the latest Win 8 built with just a couple of tweaks.

I added the "uiautomationcore.dll" and disabled the dynamicticking (something new in win 8)

It does seem to be a bit faster and a bit more fluid than XP and haven't had any issues.

Do keep in mind that when the final release comes out you may have to reinstall things as there will be no upgrade option from RC to Final version.

Just as a side note... I am a mac user and I have to tell you that the new win UI (called metro) is the nicest I have seen from windows.

i think I'll keep it.

Hope this helps. I always come to you guys for advice felt like It was my turn to share my experience.

Rolando Gumler