Sign in to follow this  
Sharky05

Sound Delay

Do someone experience sound delay (wind sound) when switching between windows?

I run FSX in window mode, because I need to take a look at the charts. And when I open a chart, which is PDF i still hear the wind from FSX for 1-2 sec and then it stops. The same is when minimize the PDF file and return to FSX window I hear the engines but not the wind and electronic in the cockpit for 1-2 seconds.

This I suspect has nothing to do with pmdg and everything to do with your hardware and software. It is quite common for such delays when task switching on many programs. I use another computer for such things that is networked to my main fs rig. Use it for flight planning and tracking software, charts and many other related programs.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

This is normal when switching programs, some sounds stop straight away and some are delayed (like wind).

The sounds come from different sources - that's why you're hearing that. FSX's sound engine is a different audio stream source than the NGX's panel sound processor is. Windows is handling all of that witching, not us, so it's just a normal thing that happens.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The sounds come from different sources - that's why you're hearing that. FSX's sound engine is a different audio stream source than the NGX's panel sound processor is. Windows is handling all of that witching, not us, so it's just a normal thing that happens.

Have you guys ever considered doing a completely separate sound program that would take data from FSX to manipulate sounds? I feel like you could get a much more realistic sound-package doing it custom like this rather than using FSXs restraints.