Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Addon Scenery Folder?

I have had a problems with an addon scenry today,> probably my own fault, as my old compueter burnt down and fried,the GC; I decided that after 5 faithful years,McAfee Bug and all and fomatting several times the HD had dad it. I there fore ecided on purchasing a new/used compuetr and got me aeven a little bigger one a Dell Vostro 220.

My issue today has been installing TFFJ scenery again, some XML edoting is nesesary and all my XML documentation is oin my burnt out computer tht doesn't even load windows and all my links were in there.

First time this morning I got an scenry.cfg file error message Invalid remote scenery path scnery area 115. I did what I could to save it but gave up in the end, tried to restore system...tht worked except I GOOFED! Big time and the restore point was from before I installed FSX :blush:

There fore of course I began a reinstall and of everything!...

Then the scenery came up again, I call it tried to reinstall it, and it gave me the same error message but this time with scenery area 132?...I quit! here and after various attempts to uninstall and delete the scenery via the FSX Library,it stil gave me the message? So I decided to delete the addons scenery folder which only contained this particular scenery.

My question now is can I just create a new addon scenery folder and place it in there,and will it behave as if it was the original?

...Or do I have to reinstall the whoe sim again to create this folder?

Berlopez

You can create a new Addon Scenery folder ion the main FSX folder and then create

new 'scenery' and 'texture' folders inside of the Addon Scenery folder.

Also, you should probably delete the current scenery.cfg file and let fsx build

a new one. The one you want to delete will be somewhere in your 'My Documents'

path. I'm away from my sim computer right now so I can't give you the exact locations

of that file in Xp or Win7.

This error seems to be rather common. If all else fails do a search of the forums

or Google it to see what others have experienced.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg