Sign in to follow this  
noamlevi

NGX Paint kit Issue

Hello all,

after some time flying the NGX I have decided to make a 'Private Jet' livery for the -800WL model.

as a new 'painter' I had some solved difficulties but there is one more that I couldn't solve even after searching Google and in this forum.

the problem is missing night textures - the tail and the wings ones.

I have found some answers for that problem, but maybe my lack of experience with liveries is my set back, It will be nice if some one will explain for me how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

You have three files that you need for the night textures. Once you have done your design on the fuselage_master file cut and paste the front section in fuselage_1, second section in fuselage_2 and third in fuselage_3. Then do exactly the same in fuselage_1_night2, fuselage_2_night2 and the third in wingletnight, Remember to resize them to fit in the night texture template otherwise they will be too big. The tail light is built into the alpha channel of the file so you just have one file for that.

I think it is all explained in the PDF that comes with the paintkit but I must admit the first repaint I did I could not work out why my night textures did not line up until I noticed when I pasted them in they was a lot bigger and then I was looking for a tail night file.

When you come to change the VC_N_Number file then you have to blacken the background alpha and then make a selection of the new registration number and paint that white otherwise all you will see in the original registration.

I have red the PDF but apparently didn't understood the night texture thing, thanks a lot!

What program are you using? You may not be able to see the alpha channels

for the wings and tail, you need to save the textures with the built in alpha channel that comes with the .PSDs the other files dont require an alpha channel only these 2 do

If worse comes to worse, I can send you the Alpha channels if you can find them, so all you need to do is do your texture and add the alpha channel and then convert it to dds using what ever program that you use

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd add something to this thread that I discovered today which may, or may not, help. :P

So, I've been doing a repaint on the 737NG and downloaded the paintkit from the Aerosoft website. I did my repaint and everything went great and it looks lovely......until I view it at night! :huh: The lighting is all wrong on the tail and the engines.....doh!

I tried everything: repainting it, deleting and overwriting the night files, turning off layers. Anyways, finally I copied my repaint over the top of the original PMDG tail file and bingo! It worked.

So I started investigating the file itself and discovered the alpha channel in the "channels" tab in photoshop. After a short while I realised it was the wrong way up. So I flipped the alpha channel itself (not the rest of the image). Then I flattened and resaved the image and tried it out and bingo! Problem solved.

I haven't checked the rest of the paintkit files but I may just do that.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Andy