Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Some info from Mathijs Kok on flights demise.

Hello

I am surprised than no one has commented on Mathijs Kok's interview on the Avsim Front page.

Looks like the third party devs were close to being invited back in.

Yes, I just read it. To bad, another great oppertunity lost. Well, I for one will be here untill they turn off the lights. Still much to do in both Hawaii and Alaska for some time to come. We still have some hope that something more will come of this.

Well, I for one will be here untill they turn off the lights. Still much to do in both Hawaii and Alaska for some time to come.

As will I.

Sums it up quite well from a very knowledgeable person.

Not really, it is easy to say now that it has ended, "oh I knew when it was released it was not going to make it"...

It's neither here nor there now , it is what it is I guess.

"brain dead simulator"

Do we have to go there again, really? If you don't want to give it the dignity even when it's down and out, please gloat in private so the rest of us can enjoy the forums please.

"brain dead simulator"

I doubt this very knowledeable person spent much time with it, if any.Did you?

I doubt this very knowledeable person spent much time with it, if any.Did you?

Because there was no depth, I spent two entire nights on it. One can't argue that there isn't much to Flight. Enjoy it or not, it's a simple game.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

One can't argue that there isn't much to Flight. Enjoy it or not, it's a simple game.

Excuse me, but yes one can. There is a great deal to Flight, for those that actually took the time to try it and learn what all it does have to offer.

I, and many others, would be greatly offended by that statement.

Excuse me, but yes one can. There is a great deal to Flight, for those that actually took the time to try it and learn what all it does have to offer.

I, and many others, would be greatly offended by that statement.

I wasn't trying to offend. Hawaii, Alaska, and several weather themes with "aerocaches" and some missions didn't interest me. I did try and I did learn what it has to offer. That I admit the game seems superficial is no attack on you and yours. "Relax"! :blink:

Also, try not to take great offense when discussing games.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I did try and I did learn what it has to offer.

Obviously you did not. 2 nights? Not hardly.

Why do you feel the need to come here and pound your chest I wonder?

Isn't there anyother forum that would suit you better for whatever " gaming" you do?

This original AVSIM Interview was when I was convinced what I needed to do and which sim was for me.

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=/AVSIM%20Pages&id=8

"JH: Trying something new is hard, and we never thought that absolutely everyone would appreciate what we were doing. Some reviewers have better understood our goals, while some were merely angry that we dared to build something that wasn’t exactly what they decided we should build. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but our business is not about trying to please that kind of person. As to where we are taking Flight, the answer is that I can’t give you an endpoint, but I can tell you we are committed to the journey. I believe that Flight can appeal to millions and millions of people, far more than the simulation sub-genre ever garnered, and our journey will be continuing to explore ways to bring the magic of flight to a massive audience. But simulation is a critical aspect of what we are trying to do – no arcade game can capture the majesty of flying the way a sophisticated simulation can. On our journey I expect the depth and breadth of our simulation to grow, as well for the product to get deeper in many other ways as well. Unlike a retail product, with our living product, our fans can join us on this journey, and we can make progress on the journey measured in weeks, not years.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Not really, it is easy to say now that it has ended, "oh I knew when it was released it was not going to make it"...

It's neither here nor there now , it is what it is I guess.

Actually they did say Flight was a failure from the start (go back and read past threads from Aerosoft). Many of us hated the concept and predicted it wouldn't make it. Low and behold there was a serious effort to make a real sim behind the scenes. The developers gave us a really nice environment to fly in. Too bad the so called head of the team didn't know his you know what from a hole in the ground because Flight could have really been something...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Obviously you did not. 2 nights? Not hardly.

Why do you feel the need to come here and pound your chest I wonder?

Isn't there anyother forum that would suit you better for whatever " gaming" you do?

Err. I'm not welcome here because I don't enjoy Flight? Chest pounding? Huh? Are you okay?

How ya' been, Dillon? I think allowing 3rd party developers in would have gone a long way. That is the bread and butter of the franchise!

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

How ya' been, Dillon? I think allowing 3rd party developers in would have gone a long way. That is the bread and butter of the franchise!

The question though, which isn't clear in the interview, were they discussing opening up Flight to the 3rd party devs or just asking about Aerosoft producing content for them. From the way the statement reads to me, it sounded more like the latter. (Which isn't too bad in itself!)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d