Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Some info from Mathijs Kok on flights demise.

Hi,

Maybe I'm just confused but I was under the impression that this was about "info from Mathijs Kok on Flight's demise"This seems to have degenerated into a slanging match between the For and Against Flight brigade.Pity,'cause I really was interested in reading what Mathijs had to say as I missed the original interview.

Err. I'm not welcome here because I don't enjoy Flight? Chest pounding? Huh? Are you okay?

I think the 'tried it 2 days' thing is whatis troubling, when you lament it's alleged lack of depth...

Did you download the Hawaii Adventure Pack? Try the RV6? Check out the incredible scenery on Kaui, or the sights around Pearl Harbor? Do any of the Biplane missions?

If you're going to be critical of Flight, please, at least say what you tried, and what you didn't like about it.

Thanks!

Bleah!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think the 'tried it 2 days' thing is whatis troubling, when you lament it's alleged lack of depth...

Did you download the Hawaii Adventure Pack? Try the RV6? Check out the incredible scenery on Kaui, or the sights around Pearl Harbor? Do any of the Biplane missions?

If you're going to be critical of Flight, please, at least say what you tried, and what you didn't like about it.

Thanks!

I did purchase the Hawaii Adventure pack. The RV was fun for a few hours, but after completing all of the landing challenges and the Mission where the woman was taking photos of the comet, I was out of stuff to do. So again, my problem with Flight is it's lack of depth. It's that simple. The same way vanilla FSX doesn't do it for me!

I don't get why I can't just not like it. :P

Fixed.

You're quite good with words, Devon. May I keep you on retainer so the crazies more passionate gamers don't jump me? :lol:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

How ya' been, Dillon? I think allowing 3rd party developers in would have gone a long way. That is the bread and butter of the franchise!

Been great Zach although the hobby has lost a little bit of it's luster with the canceling of Flight. I was looking forward to an evolution to a true sim which over time couldn't be denied. No matter what the bewildered leader was trying to pull the team was slowly behind the scenes giving us a great flying environment. In a year Alaska most likely would have been similar to what we have today with Orbix and FSCargo. Who's to say what aircraft options we would have had and Flight could have evolved into FS11 as that's the only way it would have succeeded in the end. It was canceled way too soon. My read is the developers needed help and were steering the development toward groups like Aerosoft. I don't care what anyone says Flight's graphics engine and FDE modeling is the best I've seen and the best this community has had the pleasure to experience. It's a shame it was shut down but I'll still fly the sim until the lights get turned off at Redmond...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hello

I am surprised than no one has commented on Mathijs Kok's interview on the Avsim Front page.

Looks like the third party devs were close to being invited back in.

Can't find it, can somebody post a link to it, thank you.

Never mind, I got it...

I did purchase the Hawaii Adventure pack. The RV was fun for a few hours, but after completing all of the landing challenges and the Mission where the woman was taking photos of the comet, I was out of stuff to do. So again, my problem with Flight is it's lack of depth. It's that simple. The same way vanilla FSX doesn't do it for me!

I don't get why I can't just not like it. :P

Thanks, again, Zach.

You can definitely not like it (as if you needed MY permission...lol), I was just curious as to what you had tried, and what didn't appeal to you, which you were kind enough to address for me. :good:

I notice some possible logical contradictions with the current ongoing mythology creation about flight. Basically, I find it less likely than ever (though not impossible) that a project for a "market that didn't exist" was in the process of attempting a deal for new content just two weeks before getting abruptly yanked......

Sounds like a project that believed it had a future.

Should the real story ever come out, I suspect it will be a tragedy to make the Greeks weep.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Flight's graphics engine and FDE modeling is the best I've seen and the best this community has had the pleasure to experience

A truer statement has never been said or rather typed. Everytime I fly the RV6 in Flight and come back to FSX, I feel disappointed. Flight had the potential to appeal to both console gamers and hard core simmers alike and Microsoft raped the pooch when they terminated development.

I notice some possible logical contradictions with the current ongoing mythology creation about flight. Basically, I find it less likely than ever (though not impossible) that a project for a "market that didn't exist" was in the process of attempting a deal for new content just two weeks before getting abruptly yanked......

Sounds like a project that believed it had a future.

Should the real story ever come out, I suspect it will be a tragedy to make the Greeks weep.

Or (IMHO more likely) someone who saw the writing on the wall, and attempted to turn it around before the hammer fell!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

A truer statement has never been said or rather typed. Everytime I fly the RV6 in Flight and come back to FSX, I feel disappointed. Flight had the potential to appeal to both console gamers and hard core simmers alike and Microsoft raped the pooch when they terminated development.

The flight dynamics did have the potential to be great. With all of the landing challenges, though, I wish slips had made it into the simulation.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As to where we are taking Flight, the answer is that I can’t give you an endpoint, but I can tell you we are committed to the journey.

Indeed. Seems like MS is lost at sea these days... anyone got Bill Gates phone number (a hugh supporter of the real MSFS)?? He needs to come back and kick some dead beats out.

The flight dynamics did have the potential to be great. With all of the landing challenges, though, I wish slips had made it into the simulation.

That it did. To be honest, I think its better than FSX and this was the reason I got AccuFeel to see if I would "feel" the same feeling in FSX as I did in flight. Flight had ton's of potential but due to short sighted management, we'll never really know what it could have been. More's the pity.

Or (IMHO more likely) someone who saw the writing on the wall, and attempted to turn it around before the hammer fell!

I think you need more than one person on board at Microsoft to make decisions like that and start talking to people. In fact, there is some strong evidence that it probably took about 15 people and 6 meetings to decide to change a lightbulb over there!

Devons rig