Hi,

Will it make a big difference for FSX in performance if OC my I5 3rd Gen 3.40GHz to 4.2GHz?

I OC'd my i5 2500l up to about 4.5GHZ I think. It's running very stable there and I did notice with FSX I don't drop as frames when I fly over the downtown New Orleans when I have "US Cities X - New Orleans" enabled.

I'd say go for it. I have a Azrock motherboard and there's a really good how-to out there for oc'ing it with a i5.

Can OC my CPU Using the Asus AI Software? Because if I can its really easy to OC.

I would reccomend that you stay away from Asus AI Suite. Stick with OC'ing in the BIOS.

I would reccomend that you stay away from Asus AI Suite. Stick with OC'ing in the BIOS.

How come? Thanks!!

Also I have installed this cooler. How much could I OC my CPU to?

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103099

I've got the same one. Works good.

As far as how much to OC, it all depends. Different combination of hardware can result in different numbers. Heck, even the same hardware can have different numbers simply from 1 CPU to the next.

It's really a matter of making changes, run the test and watch temps. All good? Go up .1GHz and repeat until you either crash windows or your CPU runs too hot.

Here's the guide I was talking about. It's made for Asrock motherboards but you can probably use it as a general guide for whatever board you have. It has links and steps for good testing tools too.

http://www.overclock...-asrock-edition

As far as how much to OC, it all depends. Different combination of hardware can result in different numbers. Heck, even the same hardware can have different numbers simply from 1 CPU to the next.

It's really a matter of making changes, run the test and watch temps. All good? Go up .1GHz and repeat until you either crash windows or your CPU runs too hot.

Here's the guide I was talking about. It's made for AZrock motherboards but you can probably use it as a guide for whatever board you have It has links and steps for good tools.

I have this mother board. P8Z77-V Pro with a GTX 670 ;)

Here's the guide I was talking about. It's made for Asrock motherboards but you can probably use it as a general guide for whatever board you have. It has links and steps for good testing tools too.

What do tou OC your CPU to?

What do tou OC your CPU to?

I got mine up 4.5GHz running stable with good temps.

I got mine up 4.5GHz running stable with good temps.

And would you say that made a big impact in FSX? How many more FPS?