Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Carenado's Caravan has been released!

Just thought I'd post this as I'm not finding the other thread that originally gave us the news. :Party:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It's really nice, and a big improvement over the old FT version. Does need some contact points work, though.....

John G.

It's really nice, and a big improvement over the old FT version. Does need some contact points work, though.....

Your right, it's bouncing all over the place. I was hoping Carenado had an update out by now as surely this has been reported since release...

FS2020 

Would you be willing to post the changes so we don't all have to "reinvent the wheel?" I'm planning on buying in the next day or so.My only previous Carenado product, the C185 with tundra tires, also needed the contact points tweakes, along with a couple of other things. Great product though - one of my favorite choices for back country flying

Hey Dillon. Wouldn't it be nice if we could blame "faulty contact points" for bouncing while landing in the real world? LOL

it's bouncing all over the place

This seems to be a lesson they have not learned. I have their Piper which had the same problem.

On their website there is a set of patches for many aircraft (not the Caravan yet though):

We have detected that people who have some sceneries or mesh terrain installed have bouncing problems when taxing, taking off and/or landing.

This patch replaces the aircraft.cfg.

This patch includes several patches for different aircraft with the same issue.

Hey Dillon. Wouldn't it be nice if we could blame "faulty contact points" for bouncing while landing in the real world? LOL

It sure would... B)

FS2020 

Wouldn't it be nice if we could blame "faulty contact points" for bouncing while landing in the real world?

Or perhaps fit tundra tyres instead? :P

Would you be willing to post the changes so we don't all have to "reinvent the wheel?"

Well, apart from the graphical advances in the VC one would expect in the 7 years since the FT version came out, the Carenado has more systems modeled (environment controls, ram air, oxygen) and doesn't have the basic transponder and stock FS9 AP/ADF like the FT did. Has the same GPS as the F33, which seems to be modeled on the stock GPS. Sounds are excellent, too. Of course, the quality of the instruments and VC modeling make it worth buying all by themselves. Too bad the weather radar is inop, but i can probably shoehorn the RXP version in there somehow.

(EDIT) - turns out the RXP radar fits perfectly in the VC, replacing the Carenado placeholder.

John G.

There is an update to the FSX Caravan that I'm going to try out when I get the time to see if it improves the FS2004 version.

Apparently it did wonders for the FSX one.

Thanks again to Carenado for this bush pilot work horse.

Pete.

Well, apart from the graphical advances in the VC one would expect in the 7 years since the FT version came out, the Carenado has more systems modeled (environment controls, ram air, oxygen) and doesn't have the basic transponder and stock FS9 AP/ADF like the FT did. Has the same GPS as the F33, which seems to be modeled on the stock GPS. Sounds are excellent, too. Of course, the quality of the instruments and VC modeling make it worth buying all by themselves. Too bad the weather radar is inop, but i can probably shoehorn the RXP version in there somehow.

(EDIT) - turns out the RXP radar fits perfectly in the VC, replacing the Carenado placeholder.

You just answered a question I was planning to ask about RXP radar.... Okay, that does it - credit card, do your stuff... I'm buying it as soon as I log off here!!

Ian

And Carenado has already made a patch available at their site for the contact points issue. Seems better now.

John G.