Sign in to follow this  
out

Lost the network on my FS PC!

Dear friends!

I hope there is someone who could direct me to the right solution of a problem I cannot solve myself.

When I turned on my PC today, I noticed having no Internet connection.

There is the net icon with red cross showing No connections. noconnect.jpg

The strange thing is both my laptop and my phone did not lose the network at all (that's how I am typing it), so the problem does not seem to lie on my provider's side. It is just my PC (which is my FS PC, sigh)! Restarting both the PC and the router a few times did not change anything.

I have a 1MB connection. I use a TP-LINK wireless router (TD-W8901G) for my home network (two PC's, one laptop and two phones). On my PC there is a Realtek network card (Realtek PCIe GBE), which is working (my first thought was it broke down) since the Manager shows it active.

Clicking the icon gives me an alert of 'No connections available'.

Two extra errors I can see reported are:

1. The Manager shows that my Realtek is working fine but there is a problem with WAN Miniport (SSTP) - since Windows cannot successfully load its required drivers (code 31).

2. When I tried to reinstall my TP-LINK software (just in case) I got an erro message 'Please check the network connectivity'.

I don't know if it matters but I have been regularly having BSOD's for the last few months.

They usually show Memory Management problems and the debugging tool usually shows ntoskrnl.exe or ntfs.sys as the culprits.

I can fly offline, but even then I won't get my RW weather! :cray:

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who has an idea on how to solve the problem.

Hello

Open an elevated CMD prompt, to do this click on All Programs and Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

enter sfc / scannow and wait till it finishes, this will replace any damaged system files.

enter netcfg -e -u ms_sstpminiport

Uninstall your Realtek network drivers and reinstall a new set from Realtek or your MB's driver disk.

Wouldn't one want to try pinging their modem first to determine if its the connection to the modem or an IPS non connection?

Hi, guys!

Thanks a lot for your replies. :good:

enter sfc / scannow and wait till it finishes, this will replace any damaged system files

I did. Seemed to work OK.

enter netcfg -e -u ms_sstpminiport

I did and here comes a problem. Please see the screen:

netcmd.jpg

I have a Polish version of Windows 7, so let me briefly translate.

The allert message says: '...the ms_sstpminiport component is not installed.'

How come? See what my manager shows in Network Cards ('Karty Sieciowe'):

netnormal.jpg

... and in the version with hidden components shown:

nethidden.jpg

Right clicking on the allert-marked SSTP and going to properties reveals a message which would translate more or less as: 'This device does not work properly, because Windows system cannot load drivers required for this device (code 31)'

Uninstall your Realtek network drivers and reinstall a new set from Realtek or your MB's driver disk.

I did. Nothing changed.

I am so lost. My mind is slowly drifting towards another Win 7 reinstall (I had on in the end of June looking for reasons of my FS ground blurries and jaggies - unfortunately I wasted my time).

Do you think there is any chance to save my life's three days (you know how much it takes to install not the system but the FS with all the addons and tweaks) or I should make a litre of coffee and have a 'reinstall night'?

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you!

UPDATE:

I just got a TP-LINK TL-WN422G external network card (from my friend) and installed/plugged it into my PC to see what happens. The icon in the upper right corner changes and now shows available networks, including mine. BUT still no success as there is a message which translates 'Connection Failed. This computer has limited connectivity...'

netnewview.jpg

Brak polaczenia = No connection

Dostepne sa polaczenia = There are connections available

Polaczenie sieci bezprzewodowej = Wireless network connection

Ograniczony dostep = Limited access

What the hell? blase.gif

Problem solved by reinstalling windows (nothing else helped).

Now off to installing FS with all the stuff.

Big thanks to all who tried to help!

The thread may be locked.

Hello rafal,

Glad you got it back working, the side benefit of the reinstall may be that your blurry issues might also be gone.

If so it will have been worth it.

the side benefit of the reinstall may be that your blurry issues might also be gone

I very much hope so!

Will know tomorrow. :Idea:

Rafal mate, you've really been going through it recently, my heart goes out to you. In a way it's a good job we don't live in the same city, I'd just phone you up and say 'pub' and that'd be another couple of days lost.

Chin up mate, you'll get there in the end.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)