Sign in to follow this  
ja99

Upgrade to Intel i5 i7 series Processors

Has any one who has upgraded to the new hardware noticed a huge difference in performance?

I`m thinking of going there but the cost is substantial only worth it if FS9 improves greatly!

ja99 FAPE. :blush: ??????

I upgraded last week from an AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition to an Intel I5 3470...it is a "bottom of the range" I5 Ivy Bridge processor....but I nearly fell off my chair when I started FSX!!!

Mind you, I also upgraded from DDR2 RAM to DDR3...but all in all, the performance improvement has far exceeded my wildest expectations!

Thanks WR that`s one for the i5, as you know my motherboard also needs to upgraded! i`m already running DDR3 x4gig.

Anyone rate the 4gig patch?

Anyone rate the 4gig patch?

On my system, that has WinXP with 4GByte RAM and a video card with 2GByte video memory, the 4GByte patch made more problems than helpful effects. I had to abandon it; see my experiences here (at bottom of thread):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/364886-4gb-patch-trouble-installing-and-not-sure-if-needed/

Regards,

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks Harald for the input!