Sign in to follow this  
davej

I actually paid for my software though

I posted for some help regarding my PMDG NGX software a couple of days ago, and during the past two days that I have actually been getting help from the PMDG crew, it seems like my topic got locked within 24 hours of my original post, before I even had a chance to reply to it after someone asked for some validation. Not sure why exactly that is, but you can rest assured that I paid for my software, and am getting assistance from the technical staff.. It hasn't been totally resolved yet although it is definitely related to an activation issue, and I think I am going down the road of having to reinstall FSX altogether. I'm not sure yet.

But I think the quick draw to pitchforks and demanding full names and then locking topics is a bit over the top.. Just my opinion I guess. That's partly the reason I got out of the whole VATSIM business was this overwhelming simulated-power struggle. If there's anything that really got on my nerves, it was people locking topics on the forums for no reason.

I do appreciate your help and the quick responses - it's just that the PMDG folks are the responsible party here, so I defaulted to dealing directly with them once they took up the assignment. But please remember that although this is the internet, not everybody is a crook.

David Jedrejcic

Former ZDC ATM and VATUSA8

(...and current law-abiding citizen, despite any rash claims to the contrary)

I figured it was an activation issue thats why most people will steer you towards putting in a ticket. Not much else they can be done from fellow users.

That's cool, the rules do state you must reply with your real name or the post can be deleted, no one actually claimed you were a pirate however.

David:

By locking your post, the forum is not telling you that you are a crook. When it comes to validation issues, there is no one in the forum who can help you, only the dealer can help you fix the problem. The issue is that I've seen many people in different forums (not only this one) who get their software illegally and then come to the forums to seek help to installed their illegally obtain software and what they get is an ear full of people telling them to buy the product. In order to avoid discussions and take this and that comments, moderators lock any validation problem threads. No one was trying to insult you by locking your thread on the contrary they were trying to avoid other members to insult you thinking you obtain your product illegally.

For any other issue this forum is a great fast resource before going to PMDG support (which is also fast in responding).

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

But I think the quick draw to pitchforks and demanding full names and then locking topics is a bit over the top..

Don't take exception Dave. Nearly everyone I've seen who posts in the forum without their name is usually reminded.

I must admit, I did think the post sounded very much like a pirated copy, it does happen, but obviously in your case I'm incorrect.

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of friendly contributors amongst us willing to assist any way possible.

The topics can get a little robust at times, but so what....there's never any punches thrown.

Your contributions are also welcome.

David Jedrejcic

Former ZDC ATM and VATUSA8

(...and current law-abiding citizen, despite any rash claims to the contrary)

Oh hey Dave! If you're ever in a debate about where to fly, stop by sometime. We're still alive, and I'm still trying to keep up with the heaps of airspace changes.

Kyle Rodgers

Kind of silly to ask someone to respond with their name and then lock the post. Whatever. The PMDG folks have been quick and eager to help, so hopefully that works out.

What's up Kyle.. Will do, once I get this new plane to work properly!

David,

You will enjoy the 737NGX, once you get it set up. How are you doing?

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Very well, thanks! Just trying to enjoy some flight simming, but it's hard to fly without a PFD I have learned..

Hi Dave, the rules of this forum are that every post needs your full name or you risk it being locked and/or deleted - just add it to your signature and you wont need to worry about it again. You are, of course, very welcome here, but it would be appreciated if you took a moment to find out what the rules here are.

David-

We spent all that money getting two types of standby instruments certified in the airplane and you won't even TRY to use them when the PFD fails? B)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

David-

We spent all that money getting two types of standby instruments certified in the airplane and you won't even TRY to use them when the PFD fails? B)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: