Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

AES v2.24 Now Released

I'm considering going back to AES, have there been any major improvements recently? I've had GSX since it came but I may go back to AES for the airports I have it at.

Er - GSX is for FSX - not FS9. So there is no "going back" for any FS9 user.

Graeme Butler

Never mentioned FS9

But have you noticed you are in the FS9 forum? :wink:

:blink: Sorry. Looking stupid now. But I still would like to know if AES has gotten better recently.

I still would like to know if AES has gotten better recently

Depends on what you mean. Maybe tell us what you didn't like and we can tell you if it changed.

Generally there are:

- a lot of new airports (especially with today's edition)

- completety new animated objects (the marshaller, bus and catering truck drivers)

- possibility of having custom textures (you can already download a lot from the Aerosoft forums)

As for some long awaited changes e.g. in door configs, we will have to wait more.

Hope that helps!

I know they update the airport list in most updates but the visual models is what I meant. But thanks anyways.

I know they update the airport list in most updates but the visual models is what I meant. But thanks anyways.

The visual models were radically updated several months ago. If you haven't tried it since then, you should take a look. The improvements have been pretty dramatic

Hendo,

AES is free to try. Since my answer does not satisfy you, why don't you check how things are? :smile:

Looking over the updated list of airports supported, they include Fairbanks for FS9. I know we knew it was coming, but it's nice to see it is confirmed and must be ready for release any day.. More good news for FS9ers!

Ian

More good news for FS9ers!

Yes. I only wish Oliver supported DD's EPKT, EPRZ, EPPO and EPWR instead of EPSC, EPLL and EPZG, which get little to none (EPZG) traffic in reality. I guess these airport codes mean nothing to Oliver, so he just chose by random. :(

Another chance (I've been waiting for EPKT support - with no jetways - for two years!), so close, passed by.

Maybe 2.25...

The consolation is the incredibly long list of supported airports, with a few I personally enjoy (USSS on top!).

so close, passed by.

Look on the bright side Rafal. We have something to look forward to. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side

Even though in the face of my network problems I may start another Windows reinstall in a few moments, I will try! :wink:

Once I finish all that, I will make my first flight to the AES-supported Yekaterinburg.

And I will consider buying Delhi since now it is AESed. A great destination of just seven hours from Frankfurt.

Free to try, constant updates, custom textures. This is a very good product from Aerosoft. Glad to hear there's another update. Thanks for the info!