Sign in to follow this  
nicolas83

Wingtips and nose not visible from VC

Hi together,

I know I have already read here about the issue, described in my topic, but i didn't found a solution for that. When I'm in my VC i cannot see the wingtips of the plane or the nose when I go all to the front of the VC. Is there any quick solution for that? Thanks for any kind of help ;-)

Nicolas Reich

Are you using the low-res version of the VC? If so, that would explain the missing geometry.

When I'm in my VC i cannot see the wingtips of the plane or the nose when I go all to the front of the VC. Is there any quick solution for that? Thanks for any kind of help ;-)

Nick,

I believe, depending on the model of the plane (6/7/8/9), the wingtips won't be modeled for the VC because you wouldn't be able to see them anyway from the flight deck. Additionally, the nose isn't visible from the flight deck when sitting in any normal position, so it might not be modeled either.

If it's not going to enhance the feel of being there (in a realism/realistic sense), then it isn't modeled to save on polys, which saves frames.

Kyle Rodgers

I can confirm (having a TrackIR hehe..) that wing/wingtips/engines ARE visible from the VC if you lean over far enough. Same with the nose look forward and you will see it. I have the Highest Res model selected I dont know if that is a factor.

Alex Bart

I also know that they are modeled because I had seen them in my NGX. But yes I fly in low resolution and maybe that is the point. Will test it later. Thanks for all the help :-)

Nicolas

That's it then, if you switch to the high res VC wingtips and nose-cone will be visible again.

Nick,

I believe, depending on the model of the plane (6/7/8/9), the wingtips won't be modeled for the VC because you wouldn't be able to see them anyway from the flight deck. Additionally, the nose isn't visible from the flight deck when sitting in any normal position, so it might not be modeled either.

If it's not going to enhance the feel of being there (in a realism/realistic sense), then it isn't modeled to save on polys, which saves frames.

If you move your eye point really left or right you can see the respective wintips.

If you move your viewpoint forward and up, the nose is there. But only if you're flying in high res cockpit.

If you move your eye point really left or right you can see the respective wintips.

Even in the 8/9?

Kyle Rodgers

Even in the 8/9?

yep, they're there! You have to just move a round a little bit. You might have to "lean" out of the cockpit a touch to see them, but they are there.

yep, they're there! You have to just move a round a little bit. You might have to "lean" out of the cockpit a touch to see them, but they are there.

Even in the 8/9?

Where do you switch between low res and high res Vc ?

Is it just in the normal FSX settings , or is it within the jet.

Cheers.

Start/PMDG Simulations/PMDG 737NGX/Performance Manager

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper