Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoDude

Where to put Blue Sky Scenery in FSX

Hi

Quick help please...

FSX Gold, Windows 7 64bit.

Am unsure as to 'exactly' where to put Blue Sky Scenery in FSX.

Should it be in a folder inside Scenery or just scattered in the Scenery folder or in the Addon Scenery folder and in a folder or not?

Tried it all ways. Can't seem to get it to show.

Does I have to be registered in the Scenery settings?

Thanks for an help you can give.

SC

I always use the addon Scenery folder. But you can put it anywhere you want. After you add the scenery you have to start fsx go to settings, Scenery library and add the area.

Hope this helps

keith

Thanks

I put in a folder inside Addon Scenery and FSX found it all by its self. I had spent hours try to add it and not been able to.

Thanks

I've download a whole state and Gb of files in folders like North west, east, north...

It is painfull to add each of these folders 1 by 1 over hundreds folders (parts of california state) just for 1 state. So my question is can I copy all BGL files from all these unzipped files into a new folder like "bluesky ---> california" all parts of the california state mixed together so when I will addto my library I will only tick that state to get entire texture set?

I've download a whole state and Gb of files in folders like North west, east, north...

It is painfull to add each of these folders 1 by 1 over hundreds folders (parts of california state) just for 1 state. So my question is can I copy all BGL files from all these unzipped files into a new folder like "bluesky ---> california" all parts of the california state mixed together so when I will addto my library I will only tick that state to get entire texture set?

As long as there is no file name duplication you should be OK.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Blue Sky Scenery is freeware, why did this get moved to a payware support forum?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yes you could do it this way but it might be better to split it up into NorCal and SoCal at least.  I have SoCal, Central Coast, Central Valley, Sierras, and NorCal.  Easy to pinpoint a problem this way.  If you use BlueSky's airports, remember to remove any duplicate AFCADS you might have from previous scenery.  Duplicate default FSX airports are not a problem.

Thanks great advices. I've put Nevada all in one folder and it works fine. Now for CA I will probably split to NWES so it's easier to see any issues.

I don't know how other payware manage their scenery like Megascenery.... I don't know if you have to go to scenery FSX library and add or they have an external scenery manager.

Anyway there are days of download I want to get all Bluesky scenery states then for East like Florida, NewYork... I will probably go with Megascenery 2.0

I think that FTX Global is easier to setup but I like photo realistic better and I'm not sure that FTX is compatible with most Free scenery and Hawaii megasceneryX.... Aerosoft citiX series... Otherwise I would jump to FTX Global.

but I like photo realistic better

I really like the mix of techniques like ORBX uses, but since in the RW I was a strictly VFR flyer in SoCal, I need the photoscenery for reference. 

BlueSky is amazing freeware and I strongly encourage anyone that finds it useful to make a donation.  BTW it does work fine with the Aerosoft Cities X Los Angeles.  Just as mentioned before remove any redundent AFCADS.  I create a folder for "Removed AFCADS" so they can be reinstated if I change my mind.

Blue Sky Scenery is freeware, why did this get moved to a payware support forum?

Since when is this a payware support forum? It's for all photoreal providers.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Blue Sky Scenery download page no more but just a 404 page. Is it the end of freeware photo scenery?

Will we have to buy Mega scenery?

Blue Sky Scenery download page no more but just a 404 page. Is it the end of freeware photo scenery?

Will we have to buy Mega scenery?

OK glad it works again so might be a temporary 404.