Sign in to follow this  
JoTayhen

An EZCA Camera Question

Hi Fellas,

I have been experimenting with EZCA, placing cameras both inside and outside my a/c and I am thrilled with the program. The one view I can not seem to master is one where you place a camera on the ground at a specific location and look upward at your a/c. Maybe it would be positioned in such a way as to show the corner of a building (from one of Orbx's airport sceneries) and it would spot your a/c in the midst of a turn above that building. The perspective would be from the eyepoint of an averaged sized person standing at the corner of that building and seeing the plane in the air.

I have most of the other views pretty well under control but that particular view escapes me altogether! Any help and/or suggestions as to a tutorial out there that would help me with my learning curve?

Thanks!

John

Hi John,

I know of two ways of going about this. First is a 'spot' camera, or multiple copies of that camera, that can be created and associated with each aircraft. I'm not referring to FSX's default Spot cameras but rather a spot camera developed by the author of EZdok for movie makers. Among many, here's a link to a recent post which discusses the camera in question. See my input dated 3 July 2012:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=42400&title=floating-camera

The other way to achieve what you're looking for is by creating one or more world cameras. These are often referred to as runway cameras but they can be fixed to any location. Check my input dated 7 June 2012 on the following thread:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=42217&title=unable-to-create-outside-runway-view

Lastly, there's lots of information available on the EZdok Forum. Do a search on 'spot' or 'floating' cameras for the spot camera and 'world' or 'fixed' for the world camera. There's no guarantee that these search terms will surface everything but it's a start.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=39&title=ezdok-software

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

Thank you very much, Jean-Jacques! I really appreciate both your quick response and your guidance. I'll check out the resources you provided and hopefully will be well on my way.

Thanks again!

John