Sign in to follow this  
Philip Crowe

PMDG 737 NGX completely dead after installation

Can anyone help. PMDG 737 NGX had been working fine until drive C: crashed. Having installed a new 24o GB SSD drive as drive C: and a 1TB standard hard drive as drive D and installing Windows 7 on drive C: and FSX on drive D. Then continuing to install PMDG 737 NGX (Boxed version) on to drive D., On starting FSX and selecting the PMDG 800 winglet model as per Tutorial 1, the cockpit is completely dead, no click point work and the FMC is blank when it should be displaying the menu screen. Help what has gone wrng.

Good point, but if it has loaded cold and dark, you should be able to access all the relevant panels to bring it to life. But everything is dead non of the switches, click spots etc. work so I cannot access anything.

Do any of the hotkeys work? CTRL+E for instance?

DId you install all the dependencies VS2005?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

To answer your questions JUDE, Yes CTRL+E work and the engines started and yes all the dependances were installed along with an update for them from Microsoft. But one other thing that I have noticed is that immediately after the aircraft has been loaded, the 15 second initialization does not appear to take place either.

To answer your point Lufthansa CRJ, I cannot check the fuel because the FMC is dead and none to the LSK button or any other buttons work, they are all dead.

I'm not sure if the boxed versions do this, but has it asked for a license code or key?

Sometimes FSX gets a little dumb and puts the registration key boxes behind the main FSX window, so you never even see it. I had to ALT TAB to see it for one add-on I installed.

Kyle Rodgers

No I did not see any screen that asked for the Registration Key, So I will restore an image of the drive too before I installed PMDG 737 NGX and start again and use the Alt Tab to if it is there, Thanks for the tip, I will let you know if it works.

I recently had a problem being unable to click on any switches, but I doubt it's related to your problem. Mine wasn't a fresh install.

After alot of messing around I found my position within the flight deck was too far back. I had re-position myself a little more forward using the keyboard.

Check your fuel.

Maybe he should check the oil as well as checking the fuel, dont think lack of fuel got nothing to do about setting power to the aircraft.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have restored the computer to the point before the boxed version of PMDG 737 NGX was installed, then re-installed it, but at no time during the installation or on starting FSX has a dialalog box appeared requesting the Registration Key. I used ALT TAB and there was nothing behind the other screens. When should the Registration Key be entered and is there any other way of entering the Key? i.e. in the Windows registry.

Follow up on re-installation, still when the PMDG 737 House colours 800wl is selected in FSX the 15 second initialization does not take place and the cockpit is still completely dead. i.e. No click spots are active, no switches and be operated, FMC is dead there are no hands on the clock and the needle is missing from the flaps position gauge, just some of the things that not correct.

Send a support ticket in is your best bet now since now you have tried most things

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg