Sign in to follow this  
kama2004

Tapatalk crash and video viewing problem

I experience frequent crash using Tapatalk on my Ipad.

Also when I try to see video links, about two third of the time the system goes to a white screen and seem to be searching as indicated by a small icon moving at top right of the screen. But he never seem to find video (or at least, I quit before they find it as it seems abnormally long).

Any other experience those kind of problem with Tapatalk?

Pierre

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi Pierre,

Tapatalk tends to be tempermental at times on my iPad, but only when I have a load of apps running in the background. It may be worth checking to make sure non-eseential apps are closed out of by double tapping your HOME button, holding down any app you don't wish to be running, and hitting the red X.

Anything beyond that, I believe it would be worth mentioning to the developer. Just because I'm not experiencing the same problem as frequently as you, doesn't mean it's not a problem for other folks.

Please do keep me / us posted as to any solution you may find as I would certainly be interested to learn!

Hi Chase,

Thanks for the tip. I will try to shutdown any unneeded apps and see whats happen.

Pierre

Pierre

There is a tapatalk update for our end which came out last night. I will get it applied sometime today / this evening Eastern Standard time.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Thanks, i will install it.

Still no luck identifying the problem. Still crash even its the sole app running.

Seems to happen when i do a rapid sequence like tapping on several message to change their status to read then scrolling. Maybe just an overflownof consecutive commands.

Pierre

no there was a server-side install update, to our end, not yours. I just installed it, so we have the latest version on the servers now.

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Chase and John,

Is there a possibility for the mobile version of AVSIM to be turned on ever again? Whenever I'm AFK, it's hard to access AVSIM, and, it wastes my 200MB of data with AT&T fast. I know the mobile version sucked but it's better than having the full version, which is slow on the iPhone and is hard to read.

Thanks.

That's not my call. John? Is this possible? If I remember it was just too glitchy.

No, it caused too many issues. It's not coming back. Sorry.

John Binner, MCDST