Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Miami City 2012 by Drzewiecki Design for FSX - recommended

If you like flying in the Miami area or just flying in South Florida in general I recommend you jump over to PC Aviator and pick up the Miami City 2012 for FSX while it is still on sale (40% off thru Aug 9th). I have the Sim Savvy photo scenery for the entire state and the Ft. Lauderdale X Revisited photoscenery that joins the Drzewiecki Design Miami City to the North. This DD scenery package covers a large area, much larger than most add on sceneries and has 3 major airports included. The airports should be considered lite versions as compared to stand alone, inside the fence type airports, like FSDT or such, but yet are upgraded and enhanced.

I also have a photoscenery package for Key West and the Keys that almost joins the Miami City 2012 to the South, but it is of such poor quality that can't recommend it.

This DD package seems to have solved the unnatural bluish/green tint found in previous US photosceneries like Sim Savvy and Aerosoft US Cities and others. The ground texture colors are much more realistic in Miami City 2012 and the water is truly water. I can land my float planes in the scenery area without throwing up dust and pebbles like the others that I mentioned above. This is a great improvement.

There are so many structures and buildings that I have to move a few sliders to the left to keep the FPS count acceptable but it still looks fine to me. Even if you miss the sale price, I would still recommend you pick this one up.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

My only beefs are the lack of palm trees and I wish the photo scenery was higher resolution. But the buildings are amazing and the area is really filled out nicely.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I agree that the scenery is quite impressive. The additional auto-gen is amazing. They have managed to cover just about every large building in the area. Flying over Key Biscayne and Miami Beach provides an amazing view. Downtown Miami is also full of skyscrapers and correctly placed buildings.

The photoscenery used blends in very well with the default scenery. (daytime, to be specific.)

My only negatives are mostly with the night lighting. I find it quite ugly and garish. But at high altitudes it looks considerably better. It's only when flying low and slow that it's bad. Also, just about none of the buildings have night lighting effects. Looks like a blackout has hit South Florida.

I also have the LatinVFR KMIA airport which works very well alongside this scenery. I have inactivated Miami City's KMIA in the FSX addon scenery dropdown.

Unfortunately, running both gives me a significant FPS hit. But I believe the hit is coming more from the LatinVFR airport than the Miami City 2012 scenery.

At the sale price I HIGHLY recommend it. I purchased it full price when it first was released and don't regret it.

I don't believe there will be any updates to Miami CIty 2012, although it would definitely benefit from one if it included night lighting on the buildings.

Alexander Alonso

So we need to tell the developer we would like to have some native palm trees ( a few thousand) and properly lighted buildings at night and then we will have a really nice package.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How are the FPS?

My impression of the FPS was quite good. I wasn't flying a high stress aircraft but I saw no loss on my system.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My impression of the FPS was quite good. I wasn't flying a high stress aircraft but I saw no loss on my system.

Thanks!!!

I've noticed little impact on FPS, but drawing all the buildings does seems to take a bit long. But I'm happy overall with the product, especially since MIA is home! Once Latin VFR updates their version of KMIA to address slow FPS, it will be a great combo IMHO.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Looks good, thanks for the heads-up, at $15 I figure it's worth it, too bad about the night lighting though.

I've noticed little impact on FPS, but drawing all the buildings does seems to take a bit long. But I'm happy overall with the product, especially since MIA is home! Once Latin VFR updates their version of KMIA to address slow FPS, it will be a great combo IMHO.

Can you tell me if it is DX10 compatible, thank you.

Can you tell me if it is DX10 compatible, thank you.

I Alain, I just made a quick check in DX10 mode, and the scenery seems to be compatible with very smooth FPS.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

It's good and makes me wonder why someone doesn't give Sydney CBD and surroundings the same treatment. Certainly makes mincemeat of OrbX's claim that the YSSY area is too difficult and would cause a framerate hit too massive for them to contemplate doing it. Case in point is the upcoming MegaRio and Sao Paulo from the guys at Terra Brazilis. Just sayin'...

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | P3D v.4.5 | MSFS |

Tony K.

OK I got the it, do you guys know what's the best compatible Miami and Ft-lauderdale airport (also DX10 compatible) for this scenery?