Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

editvoicepack

Anyone know how I'd get atc to say the name of my captain sim 727? Here's my aircraft.cfg section...

[fltsim.2]

title=CS 727-100F Captain Paint2

sim=cs727100

model=f_re

panel=

sound=

texture=fedex

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=N245FE

atc_airline=Fed Ex

atc_flight_number=WBF

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=727

ui_variation=FedEx

ui_typerole=freighter

ui_createdby=Captain Sim

description=727

ATC says Fed Ex and flight number ok but dosn't say Boeing 727. Can this be done? And would it be the same formula then for the 737, 757 and 747, as well as the DC10 and MD11? Thanks.

in the aircraft.cfg find the [general] section, usually directly under the livery sections there should be something like this

[General]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=B727

the boeing should already be in the default fsx voice-data not sure about the b727, but it might be present if you updated your voice-data with the voicepack community upgrades.

Thanks tofupete. That's exactly what I have and ATC is saying "Boeing" but not 727. I updated the voice-data and I see one for the user added b767 but not the 727. Guess I'll have to make one?

I can help you with this........

With the aircraft names, you have 2 entries, the manufacturer (Boeing) and the type.....now, with the type, you must express the exact model. Your aircraft is listed as a 727 "dash" 100 (727-100) thus, for the

type entry, you would put: 721

It's the same for all of the Boeing series; 742, 743, etc.

That should fix the problem, hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Andrew,

Do you know how to get ATC to say "Bombardier CRJ-200" instead of only "Bombardier"? I am getting this with all of the AI CRJs, and I do not know how to correct it. If I could get ATC to say "200" or "700" or "900" after "Bombardier", this would be good enough.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/381511-which-file-stores-aircraft-types/

The CRJ's are relatively new aircraft, certainly compared to the 727, and it may be that FS doesn't have voice-files for them.

The lists I gave the links for above suggest that you should have atc_model=CRJ1 or CRJ2 or CRJ7 or CRJ9 in the relevant aircraft.cfg files, either for each repaint or in the General section of the config.

If that doesn't work, you need to get EditVoicePack and either find a code that does work or make one yourself.

ngxu_banner.png

It doesn't necessarily follow that they will, it depends on who created the voice file [assuming there is one] and the text tag they attached to it. But many of them do.

It's worth a try before trying to make your own....

ngxu_banner.png