Sign in to follow this  
pbar1469

Magvar.dat

Hi all.

I've deleted the magvar.dat file by mistake and now FSX is always asking for it when starting, "cannot open file magvar.dat".

Is this a real issue? I've downloaded the new magnetic variation files, but still FSX complains about magvar.dat.

Is there any way to recover this file without having to "repair" fsx ? (I don't really want to mess my install by running the repair utility from the fsx install disk!)

Thanks for any help!

He said he already downloaded the new files....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The linked file is magdec.bgl.

He is looking for magvar.dat

If I'm not mistaken it is installed by one of the Aerosoft packages, e.g AirbusX

I saw a post on the Aerosoft forum a while back about this. No need to re-install FSX.

The linked file is magdec.bgl.

He is looking for magvar.dat

If I'm not mistaken it is installed by one of the Aerosoft packages, e.g AirbusX

I saw a post on the Aerosoft forum a while back about this. No need to re-install FSX.

Thanks!

I'll try that one. I had seen another thread somewhere that said that re-installing another version of the AIRAC (for the ATR for example) would reinstall the magvar.dat, but it didn't.

I'll try reinstalling Airbus X, makes sense.

I'll let you know soon.

Cheers.