Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Novice question: Saving and reload FMC flightplan

Hi all,

Let's say you have a favorite route that you have program the FMC for, and later you just want to hope in and fly. Can you save the FMC and reload? I would imagine airline pilots flying a route between two cities must have something like this. I don't have much time to burn, and spending a good chunk of it on doing the same FMC programming is bit too much for me.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yes.

This can be accomplished on the RTE page as soon as you finish adding the route in. I believe the tutorials mention it (specifically Tutorial 1).

In any case, enter the route (without SID/STAR) and click NEXT PAGE as soon as you enter the last fix. That will bring you back to the page where you told it the Origin and Destination airports. Click SAVE. Done.

Because there may be multiple routes for that city pair, the system is set up to save it as DepartureAirportArrivalAirport001, where any other routes would be DEPXARRX002, DEPXARRX003 and so on (example: KIADKORD001).

(Color used for clarity)

The next time you load the plane, type the two airports and the sequence number (KIADKORD001) under COROUTE and you're set. All you need to do from there is add the SID/STAR, and complete the INIT and performance pages.

Kyle Rodgers

Make up your flight plan then go back to the RTE page 1/2 and there is a save option, It will save in name format like EGLLKIAD001 later you can enter it into the "co route" field. That will allow you to load the flight plan but performance (ZFW, CI, CRZ etc etc) will have to still me entered manually.

I must have missed that point in Tutorial 1, or did not clue in on the Save. Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I must have missed that point in Tutorial 1

I think it's in there, but I could be confusing it with other tutorials.

Kyle Rodgers